one

"Hurry up, Mittens!" Emira yelled from behind Amity's bedroom door. "Mom's getting mad."

Amity shoved the last of her clothes into her purple shoulder bag that she uses strictly for travelling, not really caring much about if they're folded up neatly or not, because she'll be taking them out soon and they'll be worn anyway. Adding on to the fact she has to rush, so what's the point?

"Okay. Titan.." She groaned, rolling her eyes even though she knew Emira couldn't see, grabbing the bag off of her floor and swinging the long black strap over her shoulder, staggering to the side for a moment because of the sudden weight.

"You've sure been taking your time." Odalia's eyes followed Amity as she dashed past her to get her shoes on. "What took you so long?"

"Nothing, mother." Amity muttered. "Just folding up my clothes, some wouldn't fold the way I wanted them to.. y'know." She straightened up and stood in front of her mom.

"Why didn't you get an abomination to do it for you?" She put her hands behind her back and looked down at Amity.

Amity shrugged.

Odalia sighed, pinching the bridge of her nose and closing her eyes. "Whatever. Now, as you know, your father managed to get a way to get the portal door into the human realm. You'll need a concealment stone to rid your ears and make them.. round. Like the humans have them."

"Yes, mother." Amity lifted out her hand and Odalia handed her the stone in the form of a necklace.

"Wear it. But if I catch you taking off the orchid gemstone necklace, I'll get your father to deal with you. Understood?" She raised an eyebrow, picking up her suitcase.

Amity didn't say anything, but nodded instead. She heard Emira and Edric running into the hallway with their bags. "Are we going now?"

"Yes, we are. Go into the back of the garden, your father is waiting there for you all." She opened the door and each one of then slowly walked out, taking one last look at their mansion, because they won't be seeing it for a while.

"Are you all ready?" Alador stood in a spot that couldn't be seen by anyone else because of how far out it was. He held a key in his left hand.

Emira and Edric nodded, and Alador opened the portal door.

"It's so cool!" Edric exclaimed, walking towards it. "Can I go first?" He looked over at Alador.

He nodded and Edric pumped his fist into the air, running through the portal door and soon being no where to be found.

Amity's eyes widened. 'Surely this can't be safe.'

Emira followed after Edric, then it was Amity's turn.

She hesitantly walked towards the portal, putting on her concealment necklace before taking a deep breath in and closing her eyes, then walking through it.

Amity didn't open her eyes again until she heard Edric and Emira's voices, they were chuckling and snapping their fingers in front of Amity's face. "Mittens~."

"Is this it?" She looked around. It wasn't anything that special, for the record, she didn't think it looked that much different from the Boiling Isles, but she was sure that would change soon.

Her parents came a few seconds after her and they all stood, looking around. "This is nice," Odalia smiled. "Shall we get going?"

"Where? I thought this was it?" Amity raised an eyebrow, propping her bag up higher on her shoulder.

Alador shook his head. "We have a.. hotel. It's where we'll stay. Only a five minute or so walk." He began walking ahead, the rest of the family following him, Odalia right behind and the kids a gap behind her.