eight

-

"How was it?" Luz's voice from the other end of the line wasn't the clearest and Amity had to try her best to understand, and she blamed it on the fact Luz was using a phone and Amity wasn't.

Amity hesitated. "It was okay. My dad talked to me about it, and my mom.. hasn't really spoken to me since. Not like that's a bad thing, I prefer it this way." She sighed. "How are you doing?"

"I'm doing good!" Luz chirped. "I'm pretty excited, a friend of my moms is coming over and she has a daughter who I used to be close friends with a few years ago, so it's exciting to see her again. How about you come over too? Meet her? Her name is Bri. Used to be real sweet when I was younger and was best friends with her, hopefully she still is now!" She chuckled nervously.

"Come over?" Amity repeated. "Uh.. I'd have to ask my dad, but I'm sure he'd say yes, now that he knows of you and I don't have to lie and sneak out.."

"Great! See you in thirty?"

"Yeah."

-

"Amity!" Camila smiled wide, hugging her. "So nice to see you again, how're you doing dear?"

"Oh! Hi, Camila.. I-I'm fine. You?" Amity smiled and chuckled sheepishly, hugging her back.

Camila let go of Amity when Luz walked over to where they are and sighed at Camila. "I'm great, thank you." She turned to Luz who was standing with her arms crossed. "How about you two go to your room, Luz. Bri's in there waiting after all!"

"Yes, mom. C'mon!" Luz grinned at Amity taking her by the wrist and pulling her into her room.

She opened the door, only to reveal a girl sitting cross legged on the bed. Her gaze was fixated at something on the floor, and she looked like a porcelain doll. Amity thought for a moment that she was one, but shook the thought away when she noticed her chest rise and fall with every breath she took.

She had porcelain-pale skin, her hair was blonde, almost an ashy blonde, it was wavy, and it was long. Amity wondered if they were extensions, because her hair was so long it fell out, sprawled onto the bed and bundled up next to her body. Her eyes were dark blue, and her eyelashes long and thick. However, she had no color to her face.

"Bri!" Luz grinned.

The girls head perked up, and her eyes went the size of moons. "Luz." She took a moment to calm down, she put her hand over her chest, scrunching up the material of her off-shoulder white shirt. "You scared me." She gave an airy laugh, standing up. "Sorry, I got distracted." She chuckled, walking over to Amity and holding her hand out.

Amity's eyes darted to her hand. Her hand was slim and her nails were well kept, painted white. Amity reached her hand out and shook Bri's. Her hands were cold, almost making Amity flinch. "Uh.. nice to meet you. I'm-"

"Amity?" Bri smiled, taking her hand away and hiding her hands behind her back. She stood up onto the tips of her toes and swayed back and forth. "I know! I've only been here for about ten minutes, yet Luz told me almost everything about you already."

"Oh, has she..?" Amity chuckled nervously, fiddling with her thumbs while feeling her cheeks warm up and her ears slightly flutter, so she pretended to fix her hair to hold them down.

Bri smiled. "Nice to meet you too, Amity."

Luz broke off the conversation, suddenly standing in between the two. "What do you guys wanna do? Anything specific?"

"Oh!" Bri's eyes lit up, and her swaying became stronger. "That one game we played when we were younger? D'you still have it?"

"Of course." Luz chuckled, nodding her head. "Despite you looking much different, your personality hasn't changed a bit, huh? I'll go get it." She waved, leaving the room.

Vacation ; LumityOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara