three

Amity and Luz sat on the swings, letting the breeze swing for them.

They'd sat in a comfortable silence for a few minutes, the only sound being the leaves rustling and flying at their feet, and the rusted chains of the swings squeaking

Luz looked over at Amity who was looking down at her feet, stepping on her own shoelace. Luz raised an eyebrow before turning her head back around, looking down at the ground beneath her.

"So, how're you liking it here so far?" Luz asked, trying her best to kick away a leaf at her feet.

She shrugged. "I'm not sure. I mean- I guess it's cool but it's much different from where I live.." Amity sighed, looking ahead, kicking her feet.

Luz narrowed her eyes, then smiled. "Hey, I could try help you get used to the things here. I'll show you around where you haven't been, I'll introduce you to some of the people I know!"

Amity grinned. "Thanks, Luz." She hummed. "How about you? How do you like it here?"

"Well," Luz began, putting her hands on her lap and looking over at Amity. "It's alright here. Pretty quiet, so my mom likes it." She chuckled. "And I don't mind it, I just.. miss home."

"I'm sorry." Amity frowned. "I know how that feels. Atleast we have eachother now. Maybe this'll make it more bearable?" She offered a smile.

Luz's eyes softened and the corner of her lips turned up. "Yeah. You're right. You should come over to mine and my mom's room soon. Maybe even tomorrow!"

Amity chuckled quietly. "I'd like that. I'll ask my mom if I can go and I'll let you know later tonight?"

"Of course." She nodded.

"So, have you got any pets?" Amity asked, wrapping her arms around herself.

"Nope. I never did, actually. Unless you count some more.. uncommon ones." Luz chuckled nervously. "But other than that, I don't. You?"

"Well, I don't. But.." She frowned, rolling her eyes. "Get this, my older brother, Edric has a bat."

Luz's eyes widened. "No way. A bat? Like a real bat?"

Amity nodded. "Yeah. And guess what he called it." She sighed, shaking her head in disappointment.

"What did he call it?" Luz chuckled. "Judging by your expression it probably isn't anything good."

"Batric."

Luz's smile slowly faded, being replaced with a frown. "Oh my God."

Amity snickered. "Right? Em hates him for it. She didn't want him to keep it, but he insisted.."

"Em?"

"Oh, right I forgot to tell you." Amity grinned. "Emira's my older sister. Ed and Em are twins. Both equally annoying, however, I think Em might be a bit.. smarter than Ed." She sighed.

"Ooh," Luz marvelled. "I've always wanted siblings! It must be fun, especially with twins."

Amity scoffed, shaking her head. "Oh, no. I think it's even worse with twins. I do love them a lot, it's just that sometimes they can be a bit.. too much." She shrugged.

Luz chuckled, standing up. "Fair enough. Anyway, wanna go get something to drink? They have a cute little coffee shop, it's only a five minute walk."