two

"Mittens, we're leaving!" Edric walked into Amity's room and jerked his head towards the door while Amity was sitting on her bed, scrolling through penstagram.

She rolled her eyes and sat up. "Where are we going again?"

"Uh," Edric hummed. "I think we're just gonna go look around town, just to see what there is to do, I guess. Mom and dad are waiting for you and Emira." He left her room, closing the door.

Amity groaned, standing up and walking over to her vanity and grabbing her hairbrush, taking her hair out of it's half up half down style and brushing her hair, putting it back up once she was satisfied.

She looked in the mirror for a moment before sighing and leaving her room to get to the hall to put her shoes and jacket on.

"Are you ready yet?" Alador asked, waiting for Amity to get her jacket on.

Amity rolled her eyes in a way Alador couldn't see. "Clearly not." she mumbled. "Give me a second."

Emira ran out of her room and quickly put her shoes on, standing next to Edric by the door. "Let's go?"

"Yup." Amity smoothed her sleeves down and put her thumbs up. "We can go now."

Odalia opened the door and Emira, Edric and Amity took the lead, walking in front of their parents into the elevator.

"So where'd you see the girl?" Emira whispered, trying her best to keep her voice down as much as possible so their parents wouldn't have a chance of over-hearing.

Amity looked down at the ground below her. "Just at the top of the third floor. She was standing in the corner of the staircase doing something on a phone, I think that's what they're called, and I decided I wouldn't talk to her or anything but she put her hand on my shoulder to stop me and say 'hey'." She shrugged.

Emira chuckled quietly. "How brave," she chuckle died down and she cleared her throat before speaking again "so what's her name? Was she nice? Pretty? Where's she from? How long is she staying?"

"Uh," Amity thought for a second. "Her name's Luz Noceda, I think. She's from a place called Gravesfield in Connecticut? I can't really remember these names very well. She's here for a few weeks, just like us. She is nice.. I think too nice, even." She smiled sheepishly.

Edric elbowed Emira and whispered, "she avoided one question."

Amity sighed, rolling her eyes. "I guess she was somewhat pretty."

Now, that was a complete lie, because Amity thought she was gorgeous. But she couldn't tell Edric or Emira because they wouldn't let her live with it, they'd bring it up for the rest of their lives.

Emira didn't believe her, and Amity knew it, but she'd leave it anyway not to annoy her sister this early into their 'exploring', because if she did then Amity would get grumpy and moody and the atmosphere would be ruined.

Amity turned around and walked towards her parents, going to walk next to them.

"Uhm," She hesitated. "Dad?"

"Mhm?"

Amity looked straight down onto the ground. "Could you maybe buy me a phone..?"

"A phone?" He raised an eyebrow and looked down at Amity.

"It's like a scroll, but the human version I guess. I don't know how much they cost, but.."

"As soon as we get proper human money I'll see what I can do, okay? I know someone here, I can ask to borrow money from him." He put a hand on Amity's head.