3# Secret library

"I've never actually met someone who likes to go to the library" Enid looks at me.
"Yeah, well reading is the best way to spend your time" I inform her as we continue walking down the long hallway.

After she shows me everything inside, we walk out into a pentagon shaped outside area.
"So, in this school there is different groups, we have the fangs, furs, scales and stoners" Enid says as we walk around the pentagon. I look at all the groups, but one boy catches my eye, he is painting red and orange flames on the wall. He turns around and makes eye contact with me for a second. I turn away before he sees me staring.
"Who's that boy?" I question as I point to the boy painting the flames.
"Oh, his names Xavier" she says while turning away. We walk back into the hallway and start heading back to my room.

"Just wondering, do you have like tik tok, insta or anything like that?" Enid askes as she pulls out her phone. 

"Um, I don't really... have a phone" I reply looking at her colorful phone case.

"OMG! I can't imagine." her eyes widen.

"Next time we get the chance, I'm taking you to get one."

"We should hang out some time" Enid comments.
"Sure, I would love to" I respond, holding my door handle. We talk for a little until breaking away from each other to head back to our rooms. She walks a little bit down the hall and opens her door and heads in.
'She seems nice'
"Yeah, she does, I hope we can be friends" I say, talking to myself.

A couple hours pass in a blink of an eye, I sit outside on the balcony abstract sketching. Most of the pictures are of the boy I saw, Xaiver. Just then a loud bell rings through the whole school.
'Must be teatime' I stand up and walk back into my dorm. My drawing book makes a thud as I chuck it on my bed. My feet make a clicking sound as I walk towards the pentagon where I presume tea is.
'They might have poisoned your food'
"Why would they do that?"
'You never know'
"Thats just silly why would the-"
"Hey" A boys voice says coming from behind me. I turn around to see Xaiver walking towards me.
"Hi" I say as he walks up beside me.
"I heard you talking, who to?"
"Oh um no one"
'I'm not no one'
"Well, want to walk with me?" He says while walking up beside me.
"Sure" I say with a smile.
"I don't actually know where to go"
"Oh, you just head to the hall grab your food and head to the courtyard" he says as we continue walking. We walk together in awkward silence before turning off into the hall to grab our food.

After dinner I start heading back to my dorm but see the library's door.
'We need a new book' I turn into the library and start browsing the bookshelves.
"Ugh boring" I look at all the books, but I can't find my type of books.
'How disappointing' I walk out of the library sad; they don't have any good books. As I walk around, I find myself lost.
"Crap" I whisper.
'You're a sharpe one.'
"Haha, very funny" I say in a flat tone.

After walking around a while, I start snapping my fingers. I walk past a huge statue while snapping my fingertips and it starts to move.
'Might be a secret room' I walk back to it and watch it transform into a dark staircase going down.
"Interesting" I start walking down hoping something amazing is on the other side.
I get down to the bottom of the stairs to reveal a dark medieval door. I reach for the worn silver doorknob and twist it making the door swing open, I hear stone scraping behind me. I turn quickly to see the entrance closed.
'Now we have to go forwards' I look back into the doorway, I can't see anything. Pitch black surrounds me as I take a step into the door. I feel around the wall for a light switch.
"Ha" I say as I flick a switch, but nothing happens.
"Damn" I breath out. I flex my hand making a rush of warmth swarm onto my palm and my hand turn see theough. A small flame bursts out of my hand making the space around me glow a warm orange.
'Change it to a blue' I stare at the flame making it turn into a blue flame. I look around the dimly lit room, book shelfs built into the walls surround the room walls. I walk up to one of the shelfs and start browsing.
'How to kill a queen, when the end comes, pictures burn into the memories of the dead' These books are much more interesting than the books in the library.
'Don't tell anyone about this spot'
"Why not?"
'Just don't' I continue browsing the shelfs picking out some good-looking books to read.

I head back out of the secret library holding a bunch of books. Just then Enid walks around the corner with another girl, she has black braided hair and an expressionless face.
"Oh y/n!" Enid says as she runs up to me.
"Hey Enid, I'm a bit lost" I say.
"Oh yeah you can get lost a bit if you don't know your way around, here these ways the way to our dorms" she says as we all start walking in the same direction.
"So, what's your name?" I ask the strange girl on the other side of Enid.
"I'm Wednesday" she says in a flat tone.
"Well nice to meet you Wednesday, I'm Y/n" I say, she looks down at me. Shes about 2 inches taller than me, I'm a very short person.
she looks forwards.

We walk into the hallway our dorms are on.
"Well thanks Enid for showing me back to my dorm, and it's been nice meeting you Wednesday"
"Thats alright, here I'll get your door" says Enid as she opens my door allowing me to step in.
"Bye" I say as they walk off.
'Finally, we're alone' I sit my books on the side table beside my bed, I scoop my stuff up in my arms and put it on the floor and the end of my bed. I unpack my large suitcase into the built-in wood robe, I get my guitar stand out of its package and put it on the floor before putting my guitar on the stand.

With a loud sigh I chuck my body onto my made bed and slowly close my eyes.
'Todays been interesting' My mind slowly drifts off into dream land.

Hey this is a bit of a longer chapter; I hope you like it so far! If there's any event that you want to happen, then just comment it and I'll put it in. Also, Y/n talks to herself if you didn't know.

Word count: 1150