01. westover hall

chapter one,
westover hall

        DAVINA SINCLAIR LEANED against the wall of Westover Hall, playing with one of her pigtail braids while waiting for Percy Jackson, Annabeth Chase, and Thalia Grace to arrive

        DAVINA SINCLAIR LEANED against the wall of Westover Hall, playing with one of her pigtail braids while waiting for Percy Jackson, Annabeth Chase, and Thalia Grace to arrive. It was freezing and Grover Underwood, the satyr on this mission, told her she couldn't come in until the others arrived.

After a few more minutes of waiting, a car parked in front of her.

        "Finally," Davina mumbled as the backseat doors opened. The first one to get out was Percy, who locked eyes with her. She pursed her lips and raised a challenging brow.

Percy took in the girl's appearance. She wore black skinny jeans, some random band t-shirt underneath her coat, and combat boots. The only thing that was different about her was her hair. Instead of the red streaks she'd had the last time he'd seen her, they were now purple. "You dyed your hair again," he noted.

"How observant," she muttered. Annabeth got out of the car next. Davina smiled at her and immediately went in for a hug. She hadn't seen the girl much since she'd started going to school. "Annabeth."

Thalia, who up until recently had been a pine tree, walked around the car. "Your mom is so cool, Percy."

"Guess you didn't take after her then, huh?" Davina remarked, tilting her head as she grabbed the overnight bag she'd packed.

"We better get inside," Annabeth spoke before Percy could retort. "Grover will be waiting."

"I wonder what he found here that made him send the distress call," Thalia spoke as they walked into the school.

"I don't know but the stupid goat made me wait outside in the cold," Davina stated bitterly.

After hearing music come from down the hall, the four stashed their bags behind a pillar and headed down the hallway. They hadn't gone far when a man and woman came out, stopping them. They both had short grey hair and military uniforms.

Davina's eyes were glued to the man. . . there was something so much more intimidating about him than the woman. Her left hand subconsciously went to her right wrist, rubbing the brown leather bracelet that transformed into her sword.

"Well?" the woman demanded. "What are you doing here?"

"Um. . ." Percy started. Davina rolled her eyes again. This was going to go great. "Ma'am we're just–"

"Ha! Visitors are not allowed at the dance! You shall be ejected!" the man snapped, prolonging the e sound.

It took a second for Davina to understand what he was saying due to his French accent. Thalia stepped forward and snapped her fingers. "Oh, but we're not visitors, sir," she lied. "We go to school here. You remember. I'm Thalia, and this is Annabeth, Percy, and Davina."