三十八

an: a few more chapters left before this book ends

3 years later,

Twenty two year old Mitsuya Airi came back to their apartment for the one week break set by Musashino Art University, one hand holding onto the straps of her duffel bag containing a few of her clothes and other materials she has packed for her one week at home vacation.

Ditching her old single braid hairstyle she donned in high school to have her long, lilac falling down on her back, finger nails still perfectly colored in icy blue, nothing much has changed to her - except the fact that she drank more tea and ate more chocolate.

"I'm home!" Airi spoke as soon as she enters their front door, closing it behind their all the while she removes her shoes by the doorway.

"Older sister!" A four year old Luna with short, blond hair, wearing a light blue dress, waddles towards.

Seeing the little girl with a big smile on her face made her heart swell, going down on one knee as she wraps her arms to hug her second youngest sibling.

"I miss you, older sister." Luna begins to say, pouting at her. "Will you be staying with us longer?" She asks, her small arms still wrapped around her neck.

Getting back up on her feet, lifting her up, Airi hums while nodding her head. "We'll get to play more together and eat lots of good food together." She says, squishing her nose onto her cheek, causing Luna to let out melodious sounds of giggles.

"Welcome home, older sister!" Takashi greets, entering the living room while a baby bag is strapped around the front of his body, carrying the youngest Mitsuya named Mana.

"Hello to you, Taka." Airi replies, going back down on one knee so she could level with them. Extending one hand out to pat the top of his head before going to caress Mana's chubby cheek with the back of her index finger.

"It's nice to meet you, Mana." She greets the baby, smiling with her eyes closed. "I'm your older sister, Airi. Let's play and eat lots of food together, alright?"

As if Mana could understand her, the little baby smiled and waddled her arms and legs after Airi says those words.

"It's too early to have lunch, let's go to the park together, shall we?"

"Yes!"

"Hm?" Airi quizzes, tilting her head to the side to look at what is the commotion about as neighborhood mothers gather themselves together, all in their home clothes, some had hair rollers but most of them had the same scowling and frightened expression on their faces.

"What is the commotion about?" She asks, more likely to herself. One hand supporting Luna as she carries her in one arm and the other holding onto Takashi's hand as he carries Mana in the baby bag still.

"How awful"

"My child's in the same school year as Hakkai Shiba kun. I warned hi not to get too close to him."

"Hakkai?"

"He's that Taiju Shiba kun's younger brother"

"No wonder. That's why he's such a problem child"

"Scary..." Luna whispers, turning her head around so she wouldn't see the boy named Hakkai beat up another kid in front of the swing set.

"It's okay, Luna." Airi replies, gently swaying her in her arms, using her free hand to pat her lower back. "See, Takashi is going up to him and make him stop." She adds. In which, a minute later did she only realize what she has just said, looking down at her free hand.

"Taka?"

"You're going too far." She heard Takashi say, holding onto his wrist as he stops his from swinging another punch at the kid's face. "Violence should be used to protect."

. . . . . . . . . . ♡

"Why were you punching that kid earlier?"

"His face bothers me"

As Airi sat down in the living room, tending to Hakkai's scratched hands, Takashi is in the kitchen making them lunch while Luna and Mana play around in the living room as well.

"AHHHHH! OLDER SISTER COME PLAY WITH US!"

"No running around, you two!"

"Luna! Quit chasing Mana around! She'll get worked up!"

All the while Airi was cleaning the wounds in Hakkai's hands, she is unknown to the fact the twelve year old boy's face in front of her is flustering; flustering at the fact that no girl like her, apart from his older sister, has shown him kindness.

And for that his heart is thumping inside his chest.

"Sorry for the noise"

Both the eldest sister and brother apologized to Hakkai, smiling with their eyes closed.

"No...it's fine." Hakkai responded.

And with that, the four Mitsuya siblings along with Hakkai began to eat together.

. . . . . . . . . . ♡

"You didn't have to walk me home. I don't want to cause you any trouble."

"It's okay! Whatever comes to us won't be trouble at all. You're Taka's friend after all."

Hakkai blinks as he turns his head up to look at Airi. "...His friend?"

"Yep!" Airi confirms. "You're the first person he's ever brought home. So it's nice to see him bring a friend along!"

The two of them walk side by side, the sun setting behind them in the vast horizon, their gray shadows extending against the orange gold colored road and pavement.

"Do you have siblings, Hakkai?" Airi asks, out of pure curiosity.

Hakkai purses his lips before quietly nodding his head. "Yeah"

"I see." She responded, "Are you the youngest or oldest?"

"Youngest" He quietly responded. "I have an older sister and brother too."

Airi slowly nods her head, holding her hands behind her back. "Sometimes I wish to be the youngest among my siblings. I'm always the one babying them, when I want to be babied too." She admits, chuckling softly.

"What I mean to say is...whatever your role is in the family, do your best to love and support your siblings." She begins to say, "Be the kind of person who they didn't get to have in their lives. It doesn't matter how you do or show it, but as long as they can feel it, then everything's all right." She finishes.

With his head lifted up again to look at her, Hakkai blinks before breaking into a wide smile.

"You're a really nice, older sister. I wish I'd have you as my older sister too!"

"If you want to, you can think of me as your older sister too!"

"Great! I have an older sister named Yuzuha! I know you too would get along well!"

"I'd love to meet her too then!"