EIGHT

CHAPTER EIGHT
°⋆∴☽°:۵≼

i. strenuous outing !

— GROCERY SHOPPING WAS BY FAR ONE OF THE WORST THINGS IN EXISTENCE

GROCERY SHOPPING WAS BY FAR ONE OF THE WORST THINGS IN EXISTENCE. At least, it was to Danny. The man hated shopping. No matter which cart you grabbed it would always have one wonky wheel, or it would screech and squeal like a rabid cat, and then he was forced to wander stores aimlessly in search of things because they were consistently redesigning the layout.

It, quite frankly, stressed him out.

However, John had asked for his help with the shopping, and Danny wasn't the kind of person to say no to a friend.

So, there Danny was, trailing after the shorter man as they searched through aisles upon endless aisles for whatever it was they needed.

Danny knew the boy back in America would take a piece out of him for not enjoying shopping. Tony would praise the damn activity, stating how fun it could be, but then someone would run over Danny's foot with their cart and suddenly he could care less what Tony thought about shopping.

"Are we nearly done?" Daniel asked, leaning over John's shoulder as he closely examined heads of lettuce.

"You asked that two minutes ago." John deadpanned, not bothering to turn around to show off his resting bitch face.

"Well I was hoping to get a different answer this time."

John sighed, "If I had known you would be this much of a pain, I wouldn't have asked you to come."

Danny groaned under his breath as they moved into a new aisle. "I hate shopping."

"Really? I had no idea." John scoffed with a poorly disguised roll of his eyes.

After a few moments of silence, Danny leaned over John again, uttering softly, "Are we nearly done?"

"Oh, for Christ's sake- give me a few minutes!" A few people glanced over at John's outburst, but he paid them no mind.

John seemed truly bothered, so Danny decided to try and keep his distaste for this outing to himself until they came upon the checkouts.

"John, let's just go to number 3, they only have one person in line." Danny insisted, pointing to one of the cashiers.

"No- no. That self-checkout is open." John gestured to the one he was referring to, pushing the cart towards it. "I can do this my damn self."