THREE

CHAPTER THREE
°⋆∴☽°:۵≼

i. this could be nice !

— WAKING UP IN A WARM AND COMFORTABLE BED WAS WEIRD TO DANNY

WAKING UP IN A WARM AND COMFORTABLE BED WAS WEIRD TO DANNY. After living in a hospital for so long where the mattresses were hard and lumpy and just flat out weird, it didn't feel right to him. Call him crazy, but he almost missed the mattress lumps. He'd grown so used to the feeling.

Yet, he woke up feeling weirdly well rested despite all of this, and began his day.

Getting dressed in a dark grey sweater and jeans, brushing his teeth in his en suite bathroom and running a hand through his messy, fluffy hair was routine enough.

Eugene Clive's house was expected to be some sort of marvel, being as his family money kept him well, well off. He liked shiny things and didn't bother to hide it.

But when Daniel hopped down the large, dramatic stairs, and found himself in the kitchen- he quickly realized Eugene lived like a ninja turtle.

The house itself was excellent- beautiful, even. With its high ceilings, wide windows, neutral modern wall paper. Every piece of furniture and artifact in the rooms looked like they'd come straight out of a museum or modernized Buckingham palace.

It was English with the interior design of an American, to put it simply.

But Eugene Clive's kitchen was a different story.

Opening the fridge, looking for something to drink, Danny came face to face with an old pizza box and a half drunken bottle of blueberry ribena.

"Hey there old sport." Eugene greeted oddly as he stepped into the room, fleeing immediately to his instant beverage keurig- popping a cup into the machine and grabbing a mug from one of the overhead cupboards.

"What do you even eat?" Danny asked, looking through the fridge, to no avail.

Eugene hummed and opened another cupboard, bringing out a package of Oreos and pulling one out to offer to Danny.

Danny took it, with a small grimace on his face.

Ignoring the look, Eugene stuck an Oreo in his mouth and continued making a coffee.

"Are you seriously telling me you just eat Oreos in the morning?" Danny asked.

Eugene shrugged before looking back up at Danny, seeing his raised eyebrow.