SEVEN

CHAPTER SEVEN
°⋆∴☽°:۵≼

i. quiet and warm !

— AS IT SO HAPPENS, the bed that Daniel Evans fell asleep on was the most uncomfortable lump of material in London, of this he was sure

AS IT SO HAPPENS, the bed that Daniel Evans fell asleep on was the most uncomfortable lump of material in London, of this he was sure.

It was hard, the blanket was itchy and the pillow got too hot way too fast and there was a bump in one part of the mattress and then a dip in the other.

It was perfect. Uncomfortable, rough and unpleasant.

Danny slept soundly, feeling like he was still back in his old hospital bed, and he'd wake up to Liv Marigold sitting next to Anthony Swan, the two throwing crappy little French fries from the hospital cafeteria and seeing who could get the most into Danny's open mouth.

Oddly, he missed that too. He missed always waking up to two of his best friends yelling at the TV or bothering the male nurse that always scolded them.

And at least when Liv and Tony threw French fries in his mouth, he wouldn't wake up looking for food.

Danny was starving, and wasn't quite sure how long he'd been passed out but it had definitely been a while.

Sitting up groggily, the blanket falling from his chest and pooling around his waist, he stretched absentmindedly.

"It's actually quite impressive, y'know." A drawling voice sounded from the other side of the room.

"What's that, Sherlock?" Danny asked, rubbing his eyes with his sweater.

"Well firstly, how you can sleep on that bed is beyond me, and secondly, how you slept through a drugs bust is beyond me." Sherlock explained, flipping the page of his book.

"What?"

"Mrs Hudson threatened them not to wake you though, so I guess that may have had something to do with it." Sherlock tilted his head slightly as he spoke, emphasizing his words.

"Hang on-... what?"

Sherlock sighed and slammed his book shut, climbing off his bed, "The police showed up to do a drugs bust because they knew we had the suitcase." His voice got fainter as he moved to the kitchen, but the flat was quiet and he was loud enough for Danny to hear.

"And we found out the killer was a taxi driver and I basically might have nearly died-probably not though- but John shot the killer- don't tell anyone, we'd rather avoid the court case." It sounded as if he opened the fridge and then there were a few clinks and weird sounds.