ONE

CHAPTER ONE
°⋆∴☽°:۵≼

i. brits and their tea !

— ALL AROUND HIM WAS THICK AND LOUD WITH PEOPLE

ALL AROUND HIM WAS THICK AND LOUD WITH PEOPLE. His light, warm, piercing blue eyes scanned the area as he leaned back in the crappy plastic chair that he was certain was designed to be a pain in the ass.

He loved many things, but airports did not fall into that extensive list. He hated airports. He didn't care who knew it. Daniel Evans hated airports.

Specifically, he hated that he had to wait almost a full half hour for his ride to show up, because there was no way he was going to walk around outside in the cold, moistened air of London, England, alone and with no place to go.

On the bright side, which Danny always tried to focus on, this gave him a spare minute to have a conversation over the phone.

"So how was prom?" His smooth voice asked in an amused tone as he pressed his flip phone closer to his ear.

"Well, I'll have you know- it was wonderful." A boy on the other line answered. "I wasn't allowed to go last time because I failed the grade but man I wish I didn't."

Danny shrugged, despite knowing full well that the boy couldn't see it. "You didn't have a choice."

"I kinda did- I mean- even cancer patients can make time to study for school."

"Tony," Danny laughed. "You didn't go to any of your classes."

"Yeah- but we were busy with treatment." Tony said, not realizing he'd just proved Danny's point.

"So- You didn't have a choice?" Danny pressed, waiting for Tony to realize his mistake.

There was a solid second of silence before Tony spoke up again. "Shut up."

Danny chuckled and leaned his head back, sinking even further into the chair.

"Anyway- I had a pretty lady on my arm and a handful of friends to spend the night with and it was pretty fun." Tony contently sighed.

"I still don't get why you didn't just go with your boyfriend." Danny shook his head.

"It's not his kind of scene." The boy dismissed and changed the subject. "How's England?"

"Well, the airport is the same." Danny offered, glancing around slightly.

"Has Eugene not picked you up yet?"