FOUR

CHAPTER FOUR
°⋆∴☽°:۵≼

i. how could you know !

— THE MAN THAT RUSHED UP THE STEPS OF 221B WAS SOMEWHAT TALL, and had greying hair

THE MAN THAT RUSHED UP THE STEPS OF 221B WAS SOMEWHAT TALL, and had greying hair.

He barely even stopped for a moment to look around, his eyes glued to Sherlock as the man himself turned away from the window.

"Where?" Sherlock asked, not even waiting for the man to say something first.

Danny found his way to the couch across from John, leaning his back against the arm so he could watch the situation.

"Brixton, Lauriston Gardens." He replied.

"What's new about this one?" Danny asked from the couch.

Both Sherlock and the, assumed detective, turned to look at him with an odd sort of glint in their eyes.

"Sorry, was I not supposed to-..? It's just- you wouldn't have come to get him if it was the same old story, there's gotta be something different this time." Danny watched them curiously. Then his eyes widened for a moment and he whispered to himself, "Damnit, Marigold, what did you do to me."

John gave him a look for a second, but remained quiet.

"Well, you know how they never leave notes?" The man asked, turning back to Sherlock, who replied with a short 'yeah'

"This one did. Will you come?"

"Who's on forensics?" Sherlock asked.

The man sighed, "It's Anderson."

Sherlock turned his head away with a slight cringe, "Anderson won't work with me."

"He won't be your assistant." The detective shrugged.

"I need an assistant."

"Will you come?" He asked again.

Sherlock shuffled in place, hands in his pockets, "Not in a police car, I'll be right behind."

"Thank you." He went to back out of the room but stopped when his eyes caught Danny again, sitting cross legged and messy haired on the couch. "You're welcome to bring him as well, if he's half as good as you."

Danny clicked his tongue, "Honey, I'm not even a quarter."

There was an awkward silence before the man nodded, "Right." and backed out of the room, rushing down the stairs.