TWO

CHAPTER TWO
°⋆∴☽°:۵≼

i. sherlock holmes !

— LUCKILY EUGENE CLIVE HAD AN EXPANSIVE VEHICLE THAT COULD ACTUALLY FIT FOUR PEOPLE IN THE BACK

LUCKILY EUGENE CLIVE HAD AN EXPANSIVE VEHICLE THAT COULD ACTUALLY FIT FOUR PEOPLE IN THE BACK. They probably could have squeezed in a few more, if they really wanted.

When Mike Standford claimed he knew a man that might be willing to share a flat, they piled in and went on their way to meet him. Danny didn't even question why they were there at a hospital.

Passing by a young brunette woman with her hair in a ponytail, Danny offered a small smile as he continued to look around in wonder, spotting differences between this hospital and the one back in Phoenix.

All of it was very strange to him, but he didn't feel unwelcome which was either very good or very bad.

The pristine walls were a familiar sight and that weird hospital smell was swirling around Danny's senses as he stepped in through the door that Eugene held open for him, following the group inside to a more secluded room.

There were many different gadgets laid out along tables and chairs, and in the middle of the seemingly organized mess was a man with impossibly curly dark hair and high cheekbones.

John leaned on his crutch as he hobbled into the space, letting out a small mutter, "Bit different from my day."

Mike laughed slightly, "Oh, you've no idea."

"I don't know," Danny thought out loud. "There are a few things that I recognize." He shrugged.

"Mike," the curly haired man interrupted. "Can I borrow your phone? There's no signal on mine."

"And what's wrong with the landline?" Mike questioned.

"I prefer to text." He replied in a slightly cold tone.

"Sorry, it's in my coat."

Danny went to look at Eugene, only to see him poking at a microscope like it was some alien creature. Rolling his eyes in amusement, Danny looked back up and barely caught that John had offered the man his own phone.

"This is an old friend of mine," Mike introduced. "John Watson and- his friends Eugene Clive and...?"

Mike trailed off, trying to remember the final name, with John it was easy because they'd known each other for long enough, with Eugene it was simple because who in England didn't know him.