MESL I

The war is over, and everything is peaceful and quiet, which Cale appreciates.

Yes, this is the life he desired! Finally!

He was finally living a happy life when Eruhaben arrived with a black envelope.

On that auspicious morning, a retired commander lay against the trunk of a tree, hands on the back of his head, eyes closed, basking in the sun outside of his villa. A swarm of red and gray fur babies hopped unobtrusively around him, avoiding his area as if waking him from his nap would mean another afternoon of aggressive cuddling.

Raon rolls in the spacious fold of his lap as On sits comfortably on his chest.

While the scene looked picturesque, it didn't last long until someone broke the peace.

THIS IS PICTURE-PERFECT.

"Cale!" Hong jumps onto his side. He groaned, lifting his lazy eyes.

"What is it?" he asked.

"You have an invitation! A theater invitation."

Cale took the envelope and looked at it. There's only one single VIP-platinum card in it with a letter telling him that he can take many people with him.

"This guy must have some loose nuts; if I take everyone, they'll go bankrupt," he snorts, looking down to see children eager to see the movie. Dramas are not uncommon in these times. There are also films that children nowadays enjoy. Mueller made it look easy, and the patent brought him a lot of money.

"Well... since we're doing nothing... let's go see what the owner has up his sleeve." It'll be nice to see things like this once in a while. Perhaps I should request that Mueller produce some television soon.

The children happily jumped off him and began contacting everyone.

>> Fastforward<<

Cale waited in front of the theater. It's enormous, truly enormous. He waited for a few more people to arrive before his Hyung-nim arrived. Alver appeared to have made time to watch with them, as it had been a while since they had all gotten together like this. There's the bored-looking golden dragon, his wolf cubs, and, well, almost everyone. Even the nobles that they enlisted in their schemes. Even his family joined them. This is excellent. A chance for the whole family to get together.

Cale walked into the theater, followed by everyone else.

He was astounded that the interior did not resemble an ancient theater but rather a modern cinema house. The setup was good, and it was fully air-conditioned, which he appreciated. It had been a long time since his skin had felt the cool air during a hot day.

There were VIP seats all over the place, as well as a large cinema screen in front. There was popcorn as well as modern snacks such as chips and food.

Cale had the uneasy feeling that he needed to get out of there. However, as soon as he turned around, all of the doors vanished, leaving them stunned by the current events.

"WELCOME." It was the same as Mary's mechanical voice, but it sounded like something out of a movie.

Cale gave up and sat in front, while everyone else followed.

Everyone appears to be looking forward to it, as they are not panicking and were looking at him while waiting for his decision. Alver was also silent while wearing a cool smile on his face as if he was thoroughly going to enjoy this.

They're too relaxed. Anyway, they're strong, might as well enjoy this thing right now.

The children took seats beside him while the sweets were being distributed. The wolfling and Lark sat on the opposite side, while the Ducal Family Members sat behind Cale. The seats were extremely comfortable, and they could even stretch their legs if they so desired. Cale adjusted his seat to make it a sleeper. Alver and the rest of the idlers followed suit, completely forgetting what nobility and elegance are.