Nevermore Begins

Enid POV:

People always look at me weird because I haven't 'Wolfed Out.' But there is a reason for that. I'm something completely different. I don't even know what youre supposed to call me if i'm being honest. I turn into this creature. It looks like something you'd see in a motherfucking claymation, like Coraline or The BoxTrolls. It's odd, yes, but I guess I've always been strange and unusual.

Besides that, I've never told anyone about what I am. I never even turned into what I was. That was, until I met her.

Wednesday POV:

I am being forced to go to this stupid school. Nevermore, was it? I dumped some piranhas into a pool filled with my brother's bullies. One boy lost a testical. But I couldn't care less. No one messes with my brother but me.

We finally made it to the school. I could escape easily. No doubt about that. But maybe I'll give it time. Test the waters.

My mother and I walked up to the school and this tall lady with blonde hair, red lipstick, and an ugly dress walked up to us and led us to her office.

As I was walking, I saw someone staring at me. They had Blonde hair with different colors at the ends. They looked annoying as shit.

We made it to the office and weems had me sit down in an uncomfortable chair.

"We are so glad to have you here with us Wednesday! We usually don't allow people to come in this late in the year, but given your history with the school and your excellent grades, we have made an exception! Welcome to Nevermore Wednesday Addams." She spoke. God her voice sounded like nails on a chalkboard. I liked it.

"I won't be here long," I started. "No school can hold me. I will escape in no time."

"Well, I'm here to make sure that doesn't happen. I assure you we won't let you leave," she said.

I gave her the stink eye. She was so annoying. But I knew better. I would escape this shit school. No school has ever held me. I'll be out of here in no time.

"Now let's go meet your roomate, shall we?" she said with a snarky smile. God I already hated it here.

She took me to my new room. I walked in and it was all so colorful. It made me want to cut my stomach and strangle myself with my intestines. It was all so repulsive.

I looked to my left and I saw that girl. The girl who was staring at me earlier whilst i was walking with Weems.

She ran towards me and started talking, "Hi new roomie!! You must be Wednesday! Im Enid Sinclair," She smiled at me with this giant smile that made me gag. I couldn't deny it though, she was gorgeous.

She tried to go in for a hug, but I stepped back.

"Oh... not a hugger. Got it," she said, looking a little sad at first but she then winked at me. I saw a slight tint of red on her cheeks. There was a slight tint on mine as well, but I was wearing concealer. It wasn't noticeable for me.

"Anyways, If you'd like, I could show you around the school!" She exclaimed. She grabbed my hand and dragged me out of my new home. I was confused, but I was blushing.

This place may be more interesting than I originally anticipated.

Enid POV:

The new girl Wednesday came to our school. She was so gorgeous. I had already fallen head over heels for this girl.

I grabbed her hand and told her I'd show her around. Although it was just an excuse to hold her hand. It was soft.

I began to show her around. I never let go of her hand. I wouldn't. I couldn't. I mean she never asked me to stop, so why in the hell should I pass up such a good opportunity?

After showing her around the school and telling her everything about everyone, things about Bianca and Xavier, Yoko, Ajax and him stoning himself, etc.

She had the same expression on her face almost the entire time. She looked to her left at Xavier.

"That one. Right there. He has very.. Greasy hair. Makes me want to hurl," she said

I laughed at what she said. I couldn't stop.

"What?" she asked. "Did I say something funny or is your brain unscrewed?"

"I'm sorry," I said, choking a bit. "No one ever shit talks about Xavier, so I think you're pretty brave for saying something like that," I said, still giggling. 

"That's interesting. Just because he's a man he can't get shit talked about?? talk about misogyny. " Wednesday exclaimed in her normal monotone voice.

"I know right!! It's genuinely so fucking annoying. Just because I wont wolf out and have a different personality apart from all those posers like Bianca, suddenly I'M weird and different!" I said a little too loudly to get a few stares from my peers around me.

"You are weird and different," Wednesday said. "I'm weird and different as well. We can be weird and different.... together."

She looked sickened by what she had just said. I felt guilty she said something that made her so uncomfortable just to make me feel a little better about myself.

"Hey don't say that about yourself," I said in a sympathetic tone. "You're just you okay? Don't shit talk yourself," i said half joking.

"Then you can't do that to yourself. As much as I love watching people belittle themselves in front of me, I don't think you should," she said with a sly smile.

I give her a big grin before we continue to look around the school. Maybe ill be okay here now that I have Wednesday. I knew right then and there, that I was determined to make her mine and to be with her. I wanted her more than I wanted acceptance.

Wednesday POV:

Enid began to belittle herself. Usually when people do these things, it brings me joy. But watching Enid do that to herself reminded me of my brother Pugsley. Whom I always had to come to his rescue. I comforted Enid a bit, saying something to her that made me want to run to the nearest bathroom and puke.  

I didn't though. Instead I just continued to walk with Enid until the tour was over. I had to say goodbye to my family. It wouldn't affect me much. Actually it wouldn't affect me at all. After all, i'd be escaping very soon.  

"Goodbye Wednesday dear," my mother said. She gave me a necklace with an M that turned into a W. It repulsed me. I said shit about it and my mother gave me a few words of her own. She then left with the rest of my family. 

I walked up into my dorm after my family left. I put on something relatively comfortable that I could wear to sleep. I began to write my novel when I heard something that made my ears want to bleed.

"Turn that off," I stated.

"Why?? It's just music," she said in an annoyed tone. She obviously didn't like me.

"That racket is making my ears bleed. Turn it off, or I'll make you," I threatened. 

She looked so pissed at me. She was about to retaliate when this woman with red hair came in. She had glasses and a plant in her hand.

"Hello girls!" she said excitedly. "I'm Ms Thornhill Wednesday, were so glad to have you here at Nevermore! Here, a little housewarming gift for you."

"Thank you..." I said. It was a black flower. We chatted a bit. When she finally left, I turned the lights out and tried to sleep. I knew I wouldn't be able to. This school was going to make me throw up. I finally shut my eyes and dreamt about putting the piranhas into that pool and smiled. But something was off. I felt something watching me. I saw a figure at the window looking at me. I couldn't figure out who it was.

This is going to be interesting

A/N:

Hello, my name is Ezrayne and I use He/Him pronouns. So this is my first story ever so its probably absolute shit and no one is going to read it, I mostly wrote it for my friend who wanted to read something like this and I just decided to post it here. If you are reading this, thank you for reading and I hope you enjoy the story :D

(1414 words)