𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐋𝐮𝐥𝐥𝐚𝐛𝐲 | 𝐓𝐨𝐦𝐨𝐡𝐚 𝐗 𝐍𝐁 𝐈𝐧𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐧𝐢𝐚𝐜!𝐑𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫

"I'm back."

You announced in a dry tone. You recently went out to scout for supplies for the group considering it was your day to go and came back with a lot more than you expected, thus tiring you out. It was awfully quiet, which unnerved you but you didn't pay too much attention to it. You walked through the house and passed a few rooms before reaching your own, opening the door, and instantly throwing the bag of supplies onto the floor.

You threw yourself onto your bed and stuffed your face into your pillow. Sleeping was the main thing on your mind considering you never got much of it. You had a serious case of insomnia, so sometimes you would sneak away on scavenger hunts to get a little bit of rest; however, that would result in you getting in trouble.

"(Y/N)?"

Just as you began to doze off, a light voice call your name ever so softly, causing you to shift and look towards your door. You knew who the voice belonged to since you spent the most time with her out of the group and since she was the very first person to gain your trust so easily when the group found you. You had no intention of getting up and would rather have stayed alone, but the person decided otherwise.

"In here, Tomoha."

You called back to her, hearing her feet lightly hit the floor as she made her way toward your room. You stared at the door until you saw her head peek inside the room, her green irises meeting your own. A smile crept onto her face as she walked towards you, jumping on your bed and making herself comfortable on your calves.

"What do you want?"

"To relax in here with you. You've been gone all day."

"Probably because the only sleep I get is outside."

You growled, turning over and moving the girl's head onto your lap. She looked up at you smugly while you scowled at her.

"What are you so smug about? Has Gressil rubbed off on you?"

She shivered at the thought of the man and made an X with her arms. Gressil creeped her out just as much as he did for you, so you both had a lot of discomfort around him.

"I just like that you're not as grouchy to me as you are to everyone else."

"I can change that."
You teased, faking a smug grin of your own as you looked into her eyes.

"No thanks. I like this special treatment."

She closed her eyes and smiled brightly, it pissed you off a bit. Neither of you had anything more to say, so you sat in silence and played with her hair while she hummed. You didn't know what song it was, and you never cared. All you wanted was to get some sleep and if you had to listen to a lullaby for it to happen then so be it. You slowly nodded off while she hummed. Her voice beginning to lull you to sleep, causing you to close your eyes. You were about to sink into a deep slumber until she abruptly stopped.

You sat incredibly still, wondering why she stopped.

"Are you still awake?"
She'd ask in a playful whisper, but it was a genuine question.

"Unfortunately."

"Aww, dang it. How close was I this time?"