𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐎𝐱 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐆𝐨𝐚𝐭 | 𝐊𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐔𝐦𝐚 𝐗 𝐌𝐚𝐥𝐞 𝐑𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫

"And then I blew him away, quite literally!"

"Did he die?"

"Uh... probably if I'm being honest."

You high fived the Ox with a grin on your face, which only had her respond by ruffling your hair much to your dismay. You both sat atop a mountain, catching up with each other and your recent events. You met Uma through a good friend of yours, Jaecheondaeseong, and since then have been hitting it off pretty well. Being somewhat similar to Satan himself in terms of appearance, you were well known around the Heavenly Realms as everyone tended to get the two of you mixed up until they fought you. Moving on, you challenged her at one point during y'all's friendship just for the fun of it, but it quickly got out of hand and Jaecheondaeseong had to stop the both of you.

No one won the fight, but Uma swears she won. She was a fighter that would defend herself and her people if absolutely necessary, while you were the complete opposite. Yes, you were also a fighter, but fighting excited you just as much as killing did. It didn't matter to you if it were to defend someone, unless it was someone incredibly close to you. It was just the thrill of dying by the end of the fight kept you going, keeping your ego fresh and motivated enough to become the winner, It felt right to have the winner kill the loser. At least, that's what you believed.

She gave you a small smile before her hand was swatted away by you. She chuckled at that and sighed, looking off into the beautiful distant lands.

"You're just like my sworn brother."

"Jaecheondaeseong? How so?"

"Well.."
She closed her eyes and folded her arms, thinking hard about what you both had in common. He opened her eyes and hit her palm with her fist softly, signaling she thought of a few similarities.

"Both of you like fighting, eating, sleeping. You and him do something to mess with the gods around here, whether you're with each other or just me. And.."

She reached up to her horns with a soft smile.

"You both think I'm beautiful without my horns."

You took in the information with a smile, noting how similar you and Jaecheondaeseong really are. It made you happy seeing as you looked up to him, seeing him as your older brother in a way; but, something didn't feel right. The both of you sat in silence, letting the wind blow through your hair. It was only until you thought deeper into it, that you understood what didn't feel right. It had been so long, you almost forgotten. The pit in your stomach returning slowly.

"How long has it been since he's left?"

You asked solemnly, waiting for a response. Uma sighed heavily, rubbing her forehead and running her fingers through her hair.

"590 years."

You hummed in acknowledgment of the number. Although you and Uma had each other, the trio wasn't a trio without Jaecheondaeseong. You clenched your fists as you thought of the guy.

'Where. Where the HELL are you!?'

You felt your teeth grind together and your tongue go dry while a mix of sadness and rage filled your heart.

'I'm tired of waiting for you. Uma is tired of waiting for you. So give me a sign of where you are god dammit!'

Your thoughts were interrupted by a pair of hands coiling around your waistline and the softness of flesh against your side. The long patch of white hair in your view gave you the immediate clue of what was happening. Uma pulled you into a tight embrace, but even you didn't know why.

"U-Uma?"

"Relax. Just.., let me do this."

You never saw this side of her before, especially towards you. This being one of the very few times you've ever received comfort from someone, you fidgeted in her hold with a slight blush on your face. Hesitantly, you accepted the hug, hugging Uma back. Neither of you said a word or made a sound, only letting the sound of the wind accompany you. The breeze grazed lightly against the white fur on your torso, satisfying you greatly as it paired with the warmth of the Ox's body. It calmed you greatly, but good things come to an end.

Uma let go of you, causing you to do the same. She looked you in the eyes, watching your facial expressions carefully. She gave a satisfied sigh before looking back at the scenery in front of her.

"What was that for?"
You were still confused as to why she suddenly hugged you, and if there was no reason behind it you wouldn't question it.

"You were sulking and I can't have that. You were practically screaming for a hug."

You looked at her in slight surprise, not knowing what to say. You looked off into the scenery while you thought of what to say to her, maybe another question? Perhaps, silence would be the best answer? Th thoughts bounced back and forth in your head, but even you knew what should be said and done. You fiddled with your horn, your eyes sparing Uma, who had a cheeky grin on her lips, a glance before opening your mouth.

"Thank you."

Her smile only grew wider hearing that from you. She then hugged her knees and rested her head on them, turning to you. Her latte colored eyes stared into yours one last time before she looked back at the scenery.

"Anytime, (Y/N)."

The End.