ɪ

ᴊɪᴀɴɴɪs ɪɴᴇᴢ ʟᴜᴠᴅᴀɪ

ᴄʜɪᴄᴀɢᴏ, ɪʟʟɪɴᴏɪs | ᴊᴜʟʏ 28ᴛʜ

__

"Get your ass up, Jiannis. Time to get the hell out of my house," My mom came in the room. "And don't think your brother is gonna let you be all fast down there."

I sat up in my bed and looked around my bare room. Everything had been moved out, except my bed.

This is probably one of the best days of my life. I finally get the hell out of her house like she said.

I got out of the bed and went into my bathroom. I looked in the mirror and got that eye butter shit out of my eye.

I then started my shower. I got in for about 15-20 minutes and then got out to brush my teeth, wash my face, and everything else.

After leaving out of the hot, steamy bathroom, I went back into my room and got out an outfit.

It was something chill.

After putting on my clothes, I did my favorite claw clip style and put my glasses on. I didn't bother with makeup.

Then, I started packing my carry on. I used my pink Telfar tote.

I just put my Macbook, iPad, all of my devices' chargers, lotion, lip gloss, baby wipes, disinfectant wipes, chapstick, edge control, and an extra hair tie.

It was now 5:00 am and we would have to leave for the air port soon.

I grabbed everything and left out of my room. I made sure the candle was blown out and everything was unplugged.

I can't say I'm gonna miss it.

Don't get me wrong, I love my mom, but she is a pain in my ass. I treat her with respect because she's my mother and she gave me the privilege of life.

We don't have the best relationship. She's manipulative, controlling, and envious.

I stopped arguing with her. When she starts an argument, I just ignore her or walk away. I'm tired. I try to respect her as much as I can.

I can't even recall the measures I've taken just to have her approval or love. I can count on one hand the amount of times she's told me she loves me. After a while, I just stopped believing that she did.

But there's not a day that goes by that I don't tell her I love her or pray for her.

I don't know why she is the way she is. She always has been this way.