53

From wind came hurricanes. From rain, came storms. All manor of natural disasters appeared to be striking the world all at once in an unending clash of the supernatural.
"

Stay in doors! We repeat, DO NOT GO OUT!"
Several newscasting outlets around the world were all displaying the same message towards the regular people in their homes. Parallel lines ran across the screen with bold text warning all of an unprecedented crisis spreading rapidly across the continents.
Panic was on the rise and death tolls were nearing six digits as wave after wave of unsuspecting civilians were caught up in a conflict beyond their understanding.
"Fighter teams have already been deployed. The military is on the move!" Newscasters all wore tense expressions, their brows creased and complexions pale. "We advise everyone to remain calm!"
Calm? How could anyone remain calm?
Homes were being crushed, entire cities and metropolitan areas overrun by monsters of myth and legend. People were dying. Nowhere was safe.
"Do not panic! Panic will only lead to further loss! Trust in your Government!" Military leaders suddenly took the place of the news anchors who were displaying too much unease to the viewers present at home. However, the appearance of military leaders only made the situation appear more dire.
Nothing was going right.
"Keep calm! Do not leave your homes!" The messages across all networks of communications were screaming out the same notice in every language.
Elsewhere, in unofficial media outlets, bloggers and video creators were streaming real-time broadcasts of the battles occurring on the ground, the sea, and the sky.
"As you can all see, there appears to be groups of people fighting against the monsters," camera after camera continued recording despite the ear-piercing explosions kicking up a hailstorm of dust and rubble. "Look over there, they're escorting civilians to safety!"
The camera zoomed in towards a group of Magicians levitating pieces of debris off of buried individuals and families before panning out towards the horizon where units of rolling armoured vehicles burst onto the streets. "Army Land Rovers and Tanks!"
The lens of the camera moved to the sky.
"Dragons, those are dragons!"
To the Heavens, hundreds of flying reptilian beasts hovered across the air, led by groups of Evil Dragons.
The roar of jets soon resounded through the air, breaking the sound barrier as teams of A4 Fighter planes soared through a smoke-filled horizon.
"It's the air force!" A reporter screamed.
Trails of exhaust were left in wake of the fighter jets streaking amidst the clouds. The pilots travelled in an arrowhead formation with groups of several dozen forming an armoured armada. It was a world crisis and in response, hundreds of planes and military personal had been dispatched across all regions of the globe.
One Fighter Jet pilot grimaced while looking across at the enemies that he could see from the wide oval shaped window of his vehicle. Flying in, he'd had no idea about to expect. All that he and his fellow pilots had been told was to eliminate the enemies in the sky. Frankly, he and many others were sceptical of the briefing reports that they'd read through.
Reports of Angels on pinioned wings of white and black.
Devils with their eerie black magic.
Beasts. Monsters. And even Gods of all things.
"What the hell is going on here?" The pilot clenched his jaw and gritted his teeth while his eyes darted back and forth, scanning the area around him. He soon spotted a news helicopter flying across a ruined cityscape.
That damn helicopter flight team. What were they even doing reporting news in such a dangerous situation?
He was momentarily distracted, his attention shifting.
"Fighter 1, evasive maneuvers! Big lizard in coming!" He jerked to attention, hands tightening over the handles of his planes. "I repeat, big lizard in coming!" The radio continued to yell.
The correct term was wyvern, but no one cared due to the urgency of the situation.
Big Lizard was right in front of him, its maw opened to maul into the wing of his plane. It was so close that the pilot could see the interwoven pattern of its dark scales.
"Fuck," he cursed while immediately pushing his handle forward and nosediving out of the way.
Behind him, he heard the tell-tall signs of missiles firing on his last position. He looked up from the reinforced window of his fighter plane to see several dozen fellow pilots locking onto the wyvern.
"Fire!" He heard through the intercoms.
A plume of fire and dust took the place of where the wyvern used to be as its body sailed down towards the ground in an arc of burning flesh and black smoke. It smashed into a low overhead building and collapsed the entire structure. Shards of glass and rubble erupted outwards from the impact and showered over the streets were gawking civilian suddenly realized that they were far from safe. However, before any large stones or steel infrastructure could crush anyone to death, what appeared to be a magic circle manifested and halted all the debris.
The pilot blinked before head. He's already seen too much weird shit lately to be able to react properly.
"Is it dead?" He radioed through his comms towards his other comrades. He cared far more about defeating the wyvern over everything else. After all, the Big Lizard was just one of many.
A deafening roar was his only answer. From the rubble of the building, the wyvern grunted in rage before flapping its wings and taking back to the sky. Despite being blackened by ash and dirt, the wyvern appeared largely unaffected by the attack.
"It's alive." The voices of his comrades that filtered through the radio were despondent.
The fighter pilot didn't care. He switched the channel of his radio frequency.
"HQ, Fighter 1 reporting. Missiles and gunfire are ineffective against the enemy!" he paused to let the information sink in on the other end before continuing. "Requesting orders!"
"…" The other end of the line remained silent. In this sort of sudden disaster, no one knew how to really react.
"Fighter 1, enemies incoming!"
The pilot looked up to see several dozen wyverns flying fast in their direction. He swerved out of the way, spinning his plane to the right. His other comrades weren't so lucky. They hadn't been able to react in time and in an explosion of metal and fire, three Fighter planes went down, utterly crushed from where the wyverns had rammed into them.
A chill travelled down the pilot's back. In training camp, his instructor had always said that the best pilots always remained calm in order to access any situation up in the air. Like it or not, the only one that could save a pilot's life in the skies, was the pilot his or herself.
"Damn it," The pilot didn't know what to do. HQ had no solutions, his friends and brothers in arms were dying, and worst of all, his Fighter Jet's weapons were ineffective.
The situation was impossible. Cold sweat beaded over his brow. He could feel it seeping into the fabric of the helmet that he wore attached to his oxygen supply.
There was no victory in the present battle. Only death. Only ruin.
"Be not afraid," a gentle voice abruptly echoed within his mind. Within everyone's minds.
"Fighter 1, did you hear that?" The coms erupted back into life as his fellow pilots from the other planes radioed in on him.
"Affirmative," The pilot replied. His eyes darted around, looking for the source but finding nothing. "I don't have any visuals," he reported.
"Look up- No look ahead!"
Spears of light struck the wyverns through the chests and killed them in an instant, their bodies cratering down onto the ground. From the clouds, the Army of White emerged with wings of white and black. They were wreathed in flowing ivory robes beneath bronze coloured armours festooned upon simple laurels. Light was their weapon, their guiding strength.
"A-Angels." Someone stuttered through the intercom.
At the forefront of the army, a woman stood aloft in the air, a sceptre in hand. Plain robes adorned her figure, golden pauldrons securing a red mantle over her shoulders.
"I will not tell you to not get involved because you already are." The woman spoke, her tone solemn yet gentle. "Instead I will praise your efforts and resolve."
It was an angel whose beauty could not be described in words. Her long blond hair were curled into loose ringlets on either side of her face, her figure without compare. Despite the plain garment that she wore, there was no doubting her allure. It was a beauty of innocence.
"W-Who are you?" A pilot stuttered out.
"I am the Lord's Angel, Gabriel of the Left Hand of God the Father Almighty." The woman smiled gently. "I will lend you strength. A hope found in prayer."
She raised her scepter, golden beams of iridescence illuminating all around in a warm blanket of holy energy. A guiding light in the dark.
"They without wings that can not fly on their own. They the sinners cast out of the eternal Garden, yet forever basked in father's love."
Faint traces of a golden light shimmered over the forms of the Fighter planes, coating them in the energy of faith. The pilots looked to their hands from within their cockpits. They too were beginning to shine.
"Grant thee the protection of the Kingdom within the clouds."
What had once been a dim layer of energy suddenly became radiant. Stars glittering across the sky.
"On wings of steel made through the accomplishments of man, let the Lord give you light to become the doves soaring high towards one's own future."
The pilots had all fallen silent. Within them, they could fell warmth. Love of all things. It was the power of faith, the energy of belief.
"Fellow brothers and sisters of God, stand proud and fight for what you believe in."
The pilots fired at the incoming wyverns, watching in stunned awe as rather than missiles or bullets, their planes shot forth beams of divine light that incinerated the enemies before them.
"The Lord and his Angels stand at your side."
"What is happening in the world?" A pilot suddenly asked. "When will all this end?"
Gabriel shook her head. Even she did not yet know. "Even still, we must fight to save as many of the innocents as we can. Heaven will not lose. The Heavens will never lose. Keep faith!"
Her eyes hardened.
"Go, help save as many as you can!"
The pilots needed no other beckoning, their superiors who seemed able to hear Gabriel's voice were already urging them forward. They sped off to fight and save as many lives as they possibly could under the protection of the encompassing light around them.
Gabriel tapped the butt of her scepter over a point in the air, a hollow echo reverberating outward to all of Heaven's forces and the humans themselves.
"We will walk through a valley of shadows haunted by the specters of death and corruption, but we will fear no Evil, for the Lord is with us. Amen."
A lord's prayer. To give faith to even those that cowered in the darkness, unable to fight.
The Angels and the other pantheons forces had spread across the world to aid all countries in need. The situation was only getting larger and larger. All forces and factions were working together for the first time in order to suppress the enemy before them.
However, the question had always been, would it ever be enough?
Gabriel balked while feeling an enormous swell of energy that suddenly manifested over the Earth. She recalled God's words, felt the overbearing malefic energy and pursed her lips. She'd experienced such a presence before within the space that God had revealed to her and the other pantheon leaders. It was the aura of the world's greatest adversary.
Gabriel's eyes dilated.
Trihexa, the Beast of Apocalypse. It was somehow unleashed.
The pressure was crushing and it was travelling everywhere across the planet. Worse, it was several magnitudes greater than what she had felt before. The ground shook, the seas themselves producing large waves of tsunamis that rapidly travelled inland, submerging several coastal cities and islands.
"It can't be." She muttered while looking at the congregating ball of dark crimson energy forming within the air. It was writhing and rippling, a monster stirring from beneath the surface "Father, where are you?"
A gale force of wind exploded violently outwards, threatening to blow away all trees, buildings, and infrastructure.
Gabriel raised her scepter in response and formed a barrier of light to help contain the fierce zephyrs to no effect. She could block off a portion, but it was impossible to contain all of it.
Something had to be done. The Trihexa had yet to emerge, but already its presence was bringing about the end of days. The Norse called it Ragnarök, others, Judgment Day and Armageddon.
No. She couldn't allow that to happen. Not without resistance. She wasn't the only one with such a mentality.
In the distant north, a mighty spear and hammer tore through the fabrics of the nine realms of the World Tree to soar across the cloudless skies illuminated by writhing tendril of sparking lightning.
An Anvil of Dawn and a Swaying Spear.
They impacted violently against the building mass of energy that the Trihexa was unleashing as the figures of an elusive pantheon that had hidden itself in seclusion manifested.
Thor, God of Thunder, donned in battle armour and wreathed in lighting.
Odin, the All Father. Ravens flew across the air amidst the squalling storm.
Baldur, the Invincible came next followed by Heimdall, Guardian God of Asgard.
The Norse had risen to take their stand. Regardless of any agreements that had come to fruition or not, no Pantheon could remain idle when the safety of humanity rested on the balance.
Spears were lifted, swords drawn, magic at the ready. It was a final stand and the Norse were not alone.
Swirling rings like erratic wisps of charged lightning advanced forward in a storm of energy. They were called Chakrams; a form of Divine Weapon belonging to one of the strongest religions still present within the world, Hinduism.
The Gods of India and Hinduism had taken to the stage.
Shiva, the God of Destruction was the first to make his appearance. Despite looking like a handsome middle-school student with green and black hair, the divine power exuding from him caused the air to stifle.
Not far off, in a thunderous strike of lightning, the King of Olympus descended with his master bolt in hand.
The strongest Gods of each factions were beginning to appear one after another.
Ra, Egyptian God of the Sun.
Nuwa, the Creator and Earth Mother.
Lugh, Celtic God of Light.
Even Sirzechs and Ajuka appeared after settling matters in the Underworld.
Then came Michael and the other Archangels and Fallen Angels.
Gabriel gritted her teeth at the sight. She couldn't remain where she was. She too was a Seraphim of God's left seat. The Lord's left hand.
"Brothers and sisters, Seraphim, Cherubim, Thrones, Dominions, Virtues, Powers, Principalities, Archangels and Angels alike, I bid thee to heed the call." Heavens forces gave pause in all comers of the globe as Gabriel spoke and acclaimed.
"Rally to the Angel of War!"
From the four corners of the world, to the east, to the west, to the south, and to the north, let all know of its name.
Power swelled and expanded in a rapid torrent of red swirling around a central point above the horizon and amalgamating into the form of a seven headed beast. It had the features of a lion, a bear, a leopard, a wolf, and even a Dragon with horns jutting out of each head. Seven tails unwound and stretched outward from its primate-like body covered in black fur.
It was the Trihexa, the Beast of Apocalypse.
It's four stout limbs generated gales with each movement, its two hind legs thicker than even its massive arms.
The beast had awakened from its slumber and containment. Seven pairs of eyes blearily blinked open before a roar echoed for all to hear. Laced with an absurd level of magical power, it met directly against the resistance that the Gods of the various pantheons were creating.
For all the combined strength of the Pantheons, however, it was doing no more than delaying the inevitable. The Divine Source of a God was not inexhaustible. It was finite. For the time being, the Gods were preventing the Trihexa's energy from effecting the countries and cities of the world. Thereby protecting the humans that lived within them.
Humans were fragile creatures. It didn't take much to kill them and if not for their ingenuity, they would not have had been at the top of the natural food chain.
The Trihexa was more of a monster than the One God could have had ever described. Its strength was overwhelming. Only the Dragon of Infinity or the Great Red could hope to deal with it, but even then, it wasn't likely for the Trihexa to die. Most likely, the clash would directly shatter the world itself. It wasn't an option.
Yet, unbeknownst to all, there was an alternative power that could contend against the Beast of Apocalypse.
The vibrant bands of light surrounding the earth like a ring suddenly began to rotate and glow. Contained within them were the heat values capable of incinerating all of humanity in a single strike. Greater even than several thousands of Noble Phantasms combined.
If the Gods, Devils, and pantheons fighting the Trihexa didn't notice the bands of light before, now they had no choice because the energy was exponentially building.
It pulsed and expanded, repeating the process over and over again until suddenly, all the energy contracted upon a single point. A break in the dimensions leading from a forcibly torn passageway originating from the Underworld where the figure of a Great Demon suddenly emerged in full.
Goetia Beast of Man.
'The time of birth has come. He is the one who masters all.'
Ars Almadel Salomonis.
Goetia's arms spread out wide open, revealing numerous sets of jewel-like eyes that fired out a concentrated blast of potent magical energy towards the Trihexa. Different from the combined strength of the world's pantheons, the beam of energy directly pushed back the Trihexa and captured its full attention.
It was the first greeting from one Beast of the World's end to another.
Zeus and the other pantheons of Gods stared at Goetia in shock and disbelief. Regardless if Goetia was helping or not, his presence and the aura that he naturally exuded was eerily similar to the Trihexa's.
To the Devils who'd just surfaced from the Underworld, they felt a different type of sensation. Reverence. Goetia was the amalgamation of their Seventy-Two Guardian Pillars of the Underworld combined.
The Trihexa howled, the gaze of its seven heads turning to stare Goetia in the face.
'That's right, Beast of the End. Your foe stands before you.'
From the Trihexa's body, thousands of what appeared to be Boosted Gear armours suddenly propagated outwards. Trihexa didn't even seem to be producing them consciously, rather, they emerged as a by-product of Trihexa's existence itself.
Red Armoured masses suddenly descended out across the world, and for the most part, Goetia paid them no mind, leaving them to the forces of the various pantheon.
The Trihexa was Goetia's only priority.
Perhaps the Trihexa could sense Goetia's gaze and intentions because it directly roared in confrontation. If before the Trihexa's energy was being directed outwards at random, it now concentrated everything fully into contending against Goetia's attack.
The energies clashed in midair, creating a flurry of explosions that left nothing but glowing embers in their wake. Despite all the power Trihexa was exuding, the strength of Ars Almadel Salomonis never wavered.
It was clearly getting nowhere and somewhere within its mind; it came to a decision.
Destruction was the Trihexa's sole purpose of existence. Just as humans and all animals born upon the earth are compelled to breath in oxygen, the Trihexa's natural inclinations were towards the chaos of the planet. The clash of power against Goetia was only serving to hinder its objective. Therefore, it had enough.
Tremors travelled up and down the Trihexa's massive body, the black fur over its back standing up on end. Its seven heads all chose a random direction and pulled away from each other, its flesh tearing and breaking as new skin and bone grew to replace the lost parts.
Each head was growing its own body.
It thought to divide itself into Seven entities? Goetia hummed lightly, not a change in his expression. The Trihexa wasn't the only Beast of Apocalypse capable of replication. He too had the same capabilities.
His fists clenched, body surging with demonic energy. His was not just the strength of one, but the power of Seventy-Two Demon God Pillars.
Seven? Was that all the Trihexa could split apart into?
No matter; Seven, it shall be.
From Goetia's body, tainted mud-like substance trickled down from his shoulders and gathered into seven spheres by his feet. Each pulsed with energy before taking form, taking shape. No longer where they just simple Demon Pillars. No, they were much more. Ever since arriving within the new world, the past knowledge and appearance of beings long since deceased were promptly assimilated into the memories of a parallel existence.
Resplendent crimson armours soon manifested with riveted steel armaments that were sharpened into the form of laurel crowns; mock imitations of the Crown of Thorns made in spite and loathing. The seals of the Noblest of Demon Pillars shone upon the rapidly growing magic circles forming over each of the seven emerging figures.
To the other pantheons, it was a chilling sight since they were unable to determine if Goetia was truly friend or foe. However, the Devils were different, specifically those with bright upbringings and they who were well versed in the Underworld's history. The figures forming before their eyes were the past Underworld's most prominent figures.
The Devils froze in place no matter where they were in the Earth or the Underworld broadcasting the situation above through magic. Meanwhile, Michael and the Angels felt their breaths suddenly hitch.
It was them. The Seven Demons of the Underworld.
The first sphere formed, revealing the features of a frigid and stern looking women donned in pale frost covered armour. Sleek pauldrons and gauntlets revealed slender arms and legs equipped with silver shin-high war boots. The temperature abruptly dropped. A land of white. A land of snow. The heralding of a Blizzard.
It was the Great Leviathan of Envy.
Next to her, manifested the horror that had single handedly annihilated all enemies of the leftmost section of the Underworld. Dark whispers of promised nothings and hollow oaths began to resound like radio static.
The Lord of Flies, Beelzebub of Gluttony.
"To think I would work with you fools again," Beelzebub grunted in dismissal, aged features twisting into a scowl.
Leviathan coldly glanced in Beelzebub's direction and said nothing else. It wasn't as if Beelzebub was referring to her anyways.
Five others soon emerged all at once from the mud spawned from Goetia.
"Quite spiteful as always aren't you, old man?"
A playful voice resounded as a beauty wearing only strings chuckled in amusement. Black was the colour of her silk-like hair, her skin a pale grey, her figure full and buxom. Dark shadows swirled around her like snakes whose bite would only ever hurt once. A smile graced a pair of succulent red coloured lips.
The Demon of Love and Lust, Asmodeus.
"Shut up. Time is effort."
A youth in a simple black tailored suit appeared with an annoyed expression over his face. He wore dress pants and old-styled buckled shoes.
Belphegor of Sloth.
"No, foolish boy. Time is money."
A middle-aged gentleman wearing a golden monocle spoke up in admonishment to Belphegor's words. A large top hat was over the man's head which contrasted well with the waxed mustache that the man sported.
It was Mammon of Greed.
The last two to form were the least talkative. Rather than talk, the sheer power they radiated caused the nearby life to tremble and wither at their wake.
Satan of Wrath. Pure magical energy surrounded the figure with such intensity that his appearance was akin to a roaring flame and nothing else.
Beside Satan was Lucifer of Pride. Blue flames shrouded the man in mystery. All that could be seen behind the azure flame was a cloaked figure from head to toe as if too prideful to even deign revealing his appearance.
The Seven Demons stood in a line, causing all hell to break loose amidst the Devils in the Underworld.
They were the Seven Demons of the Seven Cardinal Sins.
The Uncontested Strongest Demons of the Underworld During the Great War of the Factions.
Go. Goetia commanded inwardly.
Each Deadly Sin rose to meet one of Trihexa's main bodies while Goetia maintained his full attention on sustaining Ars Almadel Salomonis. It was the only attack holding back the pressure of the Trihexa's very existence.
No matter how many tricks the Trihexa had in store, Goetia vowed to meet them with equal measure.
Propagate into seven? Then he'd do the same.
Create an endless amount of Boosted Gear Armours? Then he'd destroy them all.
It was a stalemate, an endless battle between one who infinitely creates and another who infinitely destroys.
Spatial tears began quickly forming within the air for the same reason a confrontation between Ophis and the Big Red was dreaded. The world could not contain the sheer strength of the clashing powers.
A tipping point would soon be reached and the one meant to put the battle to an end was no where in sight.
In another universe, his own universe, Shirou stared dumbly at the scenery before him. It was almost like a dream that he'd finally woken up from. The trees, the stone steps leading up to the Ryoudo Shrine, the red bridge that he could see from the distance, they all indicated a single location.
Fuyuki
He found himself back at the very same moment that he had left his world for the first time. After spending so long in the other world it all just felt so surreal. Mostly because he didn't expect to find his way back in the manner that he did.
Ayakoji, no, whatever it was that had been affecting Ayakoji had sent him back to his own world.
"It was the taint of the Holy Grail," God explained in a weary tone.
"I've got nothing to do with it though." Another voice echoed in his mind. It was the voice of All the World's Evil.
The power that had been affecting Ayakoji was identical to the energy of All the World's Evil. However, they weren't controlled by the same person.
"In time, pockets of potent energy densely packed together may develop its own consciousness." God elaborated. "What's more, distance from the main body also plays a factor. If the true consciousness of All the World's Evil existed within this world, then the distance from one world to the other creates a gap that separates the energy."
The concept was similar to a remote-controlled object. When within a certain range, the object would follow the instructions of the remote. However, if the remote was too far from the object, the object would not follow the remote's inputs.
"Yeah, what he said."
Shirou contemplated the issue in his mind. If before Ayakoji had not been showing signs of being affected by the energy of All the World's Evil, then perhaps the symptoms only began to surface the closer the Trihexa was to release?
It seemed like a logical hypothesis, but not one that would matter if it was correct or not.
The question now, was how he was going to get back. Moreover, should he go back? By this point, there wasn't even a need for him to consider anything else. There were people that were still relying on him that he needed to save so he didn't exactly have much choice either way.
Considering that Rizevim had said something regarding parallel worlds, what was to stop the Trihexa from destroying the world of the One God before moving onto another?
The answer was nothing.
He balled his hands into fists. Lives were already at stake. He needed to get back as soon as possible.
"What now?" he asked inwardly. The response took a longer time to arrive.
"It's possible to go back, however, the energy consumption to do so is high." God admitted. "Multiple parallel universes can exist at the same time, and finding an exact world to travel into is just as difficult as it sounds. Fortunately, I have made ties to each world so I can roughly sense which world is the correct one. Again, the problem is the energy consumption. If we return as we are, I will deplete over half of the Divinity I have reacquired. It will be like starting back from square one, meaning that it would be difficult to contest against the Trihexa for long. Perhaps this was the enemy's plan all along."
"Regardless, we still have to try." Shirou's tone was firm.
"On that we agree, but do you really wish to return?" God's voice became solemn. "You're finally back, and I now have the power to return to my home world on my own."
God was right. This was his chance to return to his hold life, but at what cost? He knew now that his life had meaning. He couldn't just abandon those that were depending on him. He could picture the faces of those that would cryin misery if he were to ever die or disappear. "Even still, I've made up my mind," he insisted.
God did not attempt to dissuade him further. Instead, God focused on channeling his energy.
Meanwhile, Shirou became distinctly aware of a problem. Two, in fact zeroing in on him in blurs of blue and red as he stared from a distance.
Rin and Saber.
The two were practically bullets with how fast they're eyes had locked onto him. They were on him in seconds, but balked the closer they got to him.
"A Servant?" Saber was the first to voice her doubts. She could feel it in the air, the sheer aura and presence exuding from Shirou's form. "No, its magical signature is greater."
"Shirou, is that you?" Saber asked tentatively, a hand over the pommel of her sword. She was ready for any unexpected developments. The way he scratched the back of his head with his hand and smiled wryly at her dissipated much of her caution.
It really was him.
Saber had no more reservations and directly moved forward to close the gap between them.
Rin's reaction was a little different from Saber's. She stood rooted in place, her expression beyond simply dazed and entering the realm of disbelief. She'd always been well learned. The energy exuding from Shirou was both too potent and unnatural when she considered Shirou's past reserves of magical energy. It was almost as if he was Blue Blood, but no. His magical energy was practically off the charts to the point that she could see it if she squinted. It was almost as if he was some sort of Divine Spirit or dare she imagine, a God?
"Emiya, what the hell have you gotten into this time?" She didn't approach right away and instead gave him the most scathing and weary gaze that she had ever produced.
Shirou only smiled in response. It was strange how Rin's concern could show on her features despite her words and actions. Honestly, he'd missed this sort of interaction.
"It's a long story," he said openly. "One that would probably take a long time to digest."
"Try me," Rin did not look amused.
"How about if I said that it's been almost two years since I last saw you both?"
"Bullshit." Rin's response was automatic. "We've just destroyed the Holy Grail while you distracted Goldie."
Shirou remained nonplussed. "What if I said that I 'may' have become something of a Divine Being?"
"…" Rin did not speak. She didn't have to. The Holy energy Shirou exuded seemed to give Rin and Saber the impression that nothing that he could ever do would be evil. It gave credibility to everything that he had just said. besides, Rin already knew how bad of a liar he was.
Rin spluttered while Saber was torn on what to think.
"I'll explain later, right now I need to ask you both for a favour," he said. An idea had suddenly come to mind when Rin had mentioned the Holy Grail. "Rin, Saber, please take me to where you destroyed the Grail."
Rin and Saber looked at each other, before agreeing to his request.
The two of them led him to a quiet meadow where signs of a battle were still apparent in the dirt and toppled trees.
Rather than look around at the scenery with his eyes, he felt outwards with the Divine Sense granted by God. He was searching for any remnants. A single piece would do. He soon found what he was looking for and walked forward towards the meadow bed where he knelt down and picked up a small chip of metal.
It was a fragmented piece of the Holy Grail.
This could work.
He straightened his back under the attention of Rin and Saber who were looking at him oddly. "I know that you have a lot of questions, but I need your help. Will you help me?" He asked sheepishly.
Rin and Saber didn't even think before answering. Whatever it was that he got involved with now, he understood that Rin and Saber didn't seem to care. Perhaps they too were individuals who would cry if he ever died. It was all the more reason why he wouldn't just abandon them.
Who said that he'd be going back alone?
It may have had been the enemy's plan to send him back to deplete God's energy, but what if he pulled off a maneuver that the enemy had not ever expected?
He gripped the fragment of the Holy Grail in his hand and inwardly nodded his head for God to begin the process to return back. At the same time, he shared his improvised plan.
'Very well. Then for once I will put everything into a gamble.' God agreed.
It was a gamble. A bet on the potential of mankind.
Thanks for reading and thanks to my newest patrons: B-Rad and Jordan W!
Sorry for taking so long for this update. Some things came up the other day that I had to deal with. That and school assignments that take far longer than what one would initially expect.
Next update: The Huntsman of Red V2
P a treon. com (slash) Parcasious