Chapter 20

Nov. 20, 1208
Charatian South Eastern Town of Killusia

For Sgt. Pleusse and the soldiers of the 46th Qotan Foreign Legion, the Charatian Offensive was extremely surprising. As many of them were expecting this war to end and now thanks to those bastards the war would drag on much longer. He expected the war to end this month so he could get back to his village and yes unlike many volunteers he is not of Elven or Qotan descent he is instead of Volishian descent.

Currently, he and his comrades (numbering around 350) were preparing their weapons and fortifications for a Charatian tank column with supporting infantry, numbering possibly around 800 to 1200 heading for the town which was reported by High Command. So his men did what they can and began laying down barbed wire fences, sandbags, machine guns, artillery, and other materials as fortification and protection against the column.

They were also supported by at least 7 tanks, 3 90 mm M36 American Tank Destroyers, 2 Modified Centurion 85mm Tank Destroyers, and 2 British Archer Tank Destroyer camouflaged in the war-torn buildings of the town.

The inhabitants were mostly evacuated to refugee camps to receive food and other necessities to avoid the conflict and minimize casualties.

Taking a position at an abandoned house, he then readies his m1 carbine on the cement road on the treeline towards the village.

He and his superior officers either predicted that the Charatian Shock troops would attack from either the road or the treeline in the nearby forest in front of the town.

The air was tense and quiet for the men as they waited for the column.

After at least 2 hours, he began to see and hear Charatian Trias Medium Tank from his position and 25 Infantry emerge from the forest and treeline.

"Fire!"

He said as he gave an order to his troops to fire. Who immediately opened fire on the unsuspecting enemy soldiers.

Quickly picking a target, he then fires his carbine hitting the soldier straight in the skull.

"Take Cover!"

He said having heard a Charatian soldier yell from afar.

As the soldiers began to take cover, The Trias Tank soon began to turn its turret to fire a shell at the house he was residing but it was hit by a shell from one of the Camouflaged Archer Tank Destroyers turning it into a heaping pile of metal.

"Keep firing, Don't let them get Close!"

He said to his men who immediately did their best to hold their position even though 4 Charatian Tanks and at least another 60 infantrymen emerge to reinforce and assist their comrades to liberate this town against the Qotan Invaders.

"Charatian Propaganda during the war emphasized the need for more men to liberate the towns under the occupation of the League proclaiming that the Qotan Republic and its allies were nothing more than invading vultures eager to divide the Charatian state and revel at the suffering of its citizens. In simple terms: To surrender was to see their state divided into many separate nations, so it was better to fight till the bitter end than let it happen."

-Paulius, Historian, and Writer of "Life under the Charatian Federation."

"Sir there's too many of them hiding in the houses we need artillery support. We are also receiving fire from possible anti-tank replacement or tank destroyers hidden within the entrance of the town."

A Charatian soldier in a camouflaged ww2-era uniform said to his superior officer as he explained the situation. Both men were currently taking cover behind a supporting Sat-88 Heavy Tank.