Chapter 138 - Trading the scrumptious food with labor

Happily carrying the rose with her, Yan Shuyu's mood was ruined by the server's creative greeting.

The seafood restaurant chosen by the boss was truly Tall, Big, and High Class. Yan Shuyu could tell that as soon as she got out of the car. The service of the restaurant could rival that of some 5-star hotels. Even just going there for lunch, there's a handsome young man who'd park their car for them. Naturally, there was also a valet who'd open one's door for you, but Yan Shuyu, who wasn't used to it, had already opened up her own door as soon as the car stopped, before the handsome young man was even able to get close to them. She then saw the tall server with long legs bow to them and say, "Sir, Madam, good afternoon and welcome."

Yan Shuyu immediately stopped smiling. She was still a young girl. Even if she was a mother, she was the prettiest mother in the world. Why did she get greeted with a "Madam"?

Having greeted them, the server immediately went over and helped the two young customers out of the car.

This was when Yan Shuyu finally noticed that the two of them along with two children in tow, it'd only make sense for others to assume they were a family and referred to her as "Madam". All she needed to do was to clarify it with them.

Nevertheless, as soon as she turned around, she noticed that the boss had already given his car keys to the parking valet, thanked the server, and was about to follow the server inside with one kid in each hand. He seemed to have completely forgotten about the way that the server had referred to them earlier. Yan Shuyu felt hesitant all of a sudden. Now that that was already in the past and nobody seemed to have paid it that much attention, would it be odd if she abruptly blurted out that the boss and her was not a couple? It seemed like that would be a bit awkward.

Before Yan Shuyu could make up her mind, the three who had already taken a few steps all stopped to look at her. The boss asked, concerned, "What's the matter?"

Little kiddo Zhang Yuanbao, on the other hand, called out to her cheerfully, "C'mon, Mommy. Join us!"

Seeing the look of anticipation on the little kiddo, Yan Shuyu thought to herself that he was a little foodie as well and had finally shown his true colors today. That being said, thinking about the seafood feast in her near future, she, too, was quite eager herself. She cheerfully decided to put the little incident aside for the time being and enjoy the food first.

Mainly she felt that the restaurant was so high-end, once they had walked inside and placed their orders, there would be more interactions and she'd just need to take the opportunity to clarify the mistake they were making in the way they were referring to them. It'd be much smoother and not embarrassing at all!

Having it all planned out, Yan Shuyu quickly followed the boss and the kids and the family, no, the group walked inside the restaurant laughing and chatting. When a different, pretty hostess took them to a window seat inside the main dining area, Yan Shuyu, surprised, asked in a soft voice, "Eh? No private room today?"

Even when they went to the French restaurant last time unplanned after the movie, the boss still asked if there was a private room available, but there wasn't. Which was how they ended up in the main dining area. This restaurant needed reservation in advance. Yan Shuyu figured that the boss would for sure have asked for a private room. Last time, there were just the two of them, so it'd be odd to be in a private room. But there were four of them today, so she didn't have to worry about that.

As she was just leeching off of the boss today, whether they were in a private room or not made no difference to Yan Shuyu. She only made the comment casually and hadn't expected him to have heard her even though her voice was soft when she said it.