Chapter 169 - Boss Zhou, who could see a thousand steps ahead, met his Waterloo

A man and a woman inside the car alone and the car doors wouldn't open. The boss could do anything to her at any given moment. Yan Shuyu, who has a thorough understanding of her current situation, didn't dare to try anything funny. She resorted to telling him the truth that she got a while ago. "You wanted me to return the check to send the message that you still want to pursue me."

Truth be told, as much as Yan Shuyu had an inexplicably overwhelming amount of self-confidence, it was still horribly shameful to say this out loud in front of the boss.

Which was why she fought him tooth and nail earlier!

After forcing herself to say all those words shamefully, Yan Shuyu quickly turned to check on Zhou Qinhe's look.

Zhou Qinhe pursed his lips a little. Finally, there was a bit of a smile on his face. "You are finally done with playing dumb?"

When the boss smiled, the pressure within the cabin of the car relaxed a little. Yan Shuyu, too, was able to relax a bit. She purposefully ignored what he had said and asked him, somewhat courageously, "Can I go home now? It is really getting late."

"No," said Zhou Qinhe as he politely informed her. "I have another question."

"......" Luckily Yan Shuyu stopped herself just in time. She almost slipped and said, "Yes, I have loved you once before. Next question."

But, by this time, under such an atmosphere, she had already been traumatized by the boss's questions. She asked weakly, "What is your question?"

"Do you dare do it again next time?"

Oh. So he wasn't planning on forcing her to accept him right here, right now. Yan Shuyu relaxed all of a sudden and her verbal diarrhea resumed. "Dare to do what? Accept a check?"

Zhou Qinhe asked, as though he was someone who had no comprehension of a commoner's suffering, "Was it that hard to give it up?"

As the boss was asking her oh so sincerely, Yan Shuyu kindly nodded her head. Placing her hand over her chest, she said painfully, "That was my chance to become an instant millionaire overnight and you just nipped it in the bud."

If the boss had not clearly stated that he was pursuing her, she would for sure feel that he was doing this to her on purpose.

Hearing that, Zhou Qinhe stared at her intently for a while. Without warning, he said to her, "If you like checks so much, I can write one out to you too."

The boss is writing her a check!! Yan Shuyu felt that extremely hard to believe. Her eyes almost lost focus. But then, she quickly thought of something else. Her cheeks turned beet red, and she stuttered as she declined him, "Oh, nev...never mind."

From the light pouring inside the cabin of the car, her flustered cheeks could be seen clearly. Zhou Qinhe looked quietly at her.

She was only a little over 20 years old but had already experienced becoming pregnant before she had gotten married then losing her husband. Now she was a single mother who had to run around trying to keep the lights on. Even if she wasn't exactly weathered by now, she should at least be more mature than others of her age.

But ever since the day that he had noticed her, she had always been an innocent girl that one could see right through. Especially when she was frantic right now, she looked even more like a girl who knew nothing about the world and had just fallen in love. Just like how it had always been described, even he felt that his heart had skipped a beat when looking at her.

He was close to 30 years old. Given his status and his look, he had been in a few relationships previously. He might not be particularly interested in being in another relationship, but he has needs and had dated a few women before. As far as his circle was concerned, he was someone with a lot of self-restraint.