Chapter 331 - "Oh, that will not be necessary lah."

Life can be so unpredictable. Yan Shuyu thought she would shock Ye Rongchen when she shared with him her secret but, lo and behold, she was the one shocked from what he had told her.

She found the fact that she was transmigrated at birth difficult to accept. Mainly she couldn't believe how she would have allowed herself to get to the point of abject poverty and barely had enough money for food even after she had transmigrated with all of her past memories. Came to think about it though, it did make some sense.

Ever since her transmigration, she had been thinking of the original owner as a stranger and, even though she had memories of most the past, she had always assumed those were the original owner's memories. None of those made any sense.

She knew nothing about the original owner's personality and had no way of imitating her. She couldn't even cook but Zhang Yuanjia never noticed the "changes" in her. Yan Shuyu had assumed that perhaps he didn't notice them because he was still young. Came to think about it, her son was someone who'd be righting the male lead over being the heir and almost succeeded in the future. As young as he may be, would he really be such a Silly, Fair, and Sweet to not noticed anything after his mother, his only family, had been swapped?

All these details forced her to accept the fact that what Ye Rongchen had told her was true. Not to mention that Ye Rongchen had a lot of details about her previous life. How could she still not believe in it?

Yan Shuyu still has a shred of curiosity left in her. If she was the original villainess stepmother, then she couldn't help but wonder how she suddenly lost all of her memories. Was it the lost of morality or the total annihilation of humanity?*

She had always thought that she had transmigrated over the night she bedded the boss, which meant to say that was the point that she had lost her memories. Yan Shuyu's imagination went completely wild. Perhaps her memories of her previous life were never that strong in her previous 20 years that she never made the association when she saw the boss and formulated her plans toward him.

Life had been rough for her. Came to think about it, she didn't even have the chance to apply for college even with her past memories and got to the point where she had to work in a club and earn money with her looks. Everything pointed to the fact that she was way worst off than she had imagined.

Those who had a rough life would, inevitably, be more pragmatic. If she was to earn money with her looks anyway, why not secure herself a "meal ticket" parvenu riche? It'd only make sense that she started making the boss her target. Besides, he was so handsome and exactly her type. Bedding him was no big deal at all.

She probably only thought of the boss as a potential candidate for a long-term meal ticket at the time. Half way through the night, she must have suddenly recalled the plotline and that the boss was the male lead's father and she was the villainess stepmother who'd end up sent to jail by the male lead. Her precious son, on the other hand, was the villain stepbrother whom the male lead would set up and died a horrible death. For someone who only wanted to earn herself a wealthy lifestyle with her looks, perhaps she was unable to handle such horrific outcome which had, in turn, led to the loss of her memories?

Thinking about what a timid person that she was, her speculation was very reasonable.

Why or how she had lost her memories wasn't important after all. She was a happy now and it really didn't make too much difference whether she had transmigrated half-way through or from birth. Yan Shuyu, feeling that she had it all sorted out, decided to stop dwelling on this and placed all of her attention on her husband who showed up out of nowhere. Perhaps it was more apt to refer to him as her ex-husband. She did not, after all, recall all of her memories. Now that she realized that she was original owner, not only did Yan Shuyu wavered about her decision of choosing the boss, the last bit of burden had, in fact, been lifted off of her.