Chapter 248 - I wish he will go on 365 business trips a year

Yan Shuyu was already proud of herself and the hint of praise in Boss Zhou's voice further made her tail stuck straight up into the air. Yep! That was right! She was certainly a smart one!

After being prideful of herself for a little bit, Yan Shuyu seemed to recall something else. "Why don't you stay with Yuanbao outside of the examination room tomorrow? That way you two can keep each other company."

Zhou Qinhe asked casually, "Were you planning on having Yuanbao wait outside for you had I not said I am going with?"

"Oh, I will probably drop him off the musical institution first."

Boss Zhou sounded somewhat disapproving. "Wouldn't that mess up his learning schedule?"

"Um... not that serious, I don't think." Yan Shuyu had no idea, but this was not exactly the studying time before the college entrance examination.

As though hearing her subtext, Zhou Qinhe expressed how serious that was, "It is precisely because he is young that we need to train him to follow through with plans and have good self-control. Kids who can complete what they have planned for independently will excel both academically and in their careers later on in life. So we don't want him to think that he can just take time off if he's tired. He'll get lazy once he gets used to it."

Baffled, Yan Shuyu asked, "So your point is?"

"We should just have him stick to his schedule," said Boss Zhou casually. "I'll have Xiao Yi join him as well. Xiao Yi likes attending classes with Yuanbao."

Yan Shuyu looked up to the boss when it came to child-rearing. In the original novel, both the male lead and the stepbrother were raised and trained by him. Judging from how the two were fighting with their lives, it was easy to see how successful the boss's upbringing was.

Yan Shuyu hesitated for only two seconds before she happily accepted his suggestion. "Alright. Tomorrow, we will drop the two of them off at the musical institution first."

Yan Shuyu received the call from the boss the next day right after she had finished applying her makeup. He was already waiting downstairs and brought their breakfast with him. Yan Shuyu quickly walked downstairs with Yuanbao in tow. She thought the boss had stopped by somewhere and bought them breakfast, but instead, there was a thermos there waiting for her in the car.

"Might be hot. Be careful," said Zhou Qinhe.

"You didn't bring this from home, did you?" Yan Shuyu picked up the thermos curiously and she could smell the wonderful aroma of thick porridge when she twisted it open.

Zhou Qinhe had already started the car. Smiling, he said to her, "It seemed you quite enjoy porridge. I had our housekeeper aunty make it at home ahead of time."

The smell had already made Yan Shuyu hungry. She scooped some out with the long-handled spoon, blew at it till it cooled down and tried it. She exclaimed right then and there, "Oh, my god! This is so good!

"Why do you still have porridge outside all the time when your housekeeper aunty's cooking is so good at home? This is such a waste." Yan Shuyu genuinely felt that her cooking was about as good as the pricey seafood place that they had been to twice.

Hearing her words, Boss Zhou turned and. With a smile that wasn't a smile, he asked, "You want to come and have it at my place next time?"

Yan Shuyu: Ugh...

That wasn't a simple question to answer, not to mention she was the one who brought it up first. Yan Shuyu resorted to lowering her head and continued on with her porridge.

Zhou Qinhe wasn't surprised by her reaction at all. He pursed his lips and refocused on driving. His look was nonchalant, and there was no way to tell whether he was happy or not. Yan Shuyu dared not spend too much time studying him but slowly placed all her focus on her breakfast.