LADY JEYNE, ii. the heir of winterfell

╔════════════╗
LADY JEYNE
a song of ice and fire — AU ✧
⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆

╔════════════╗           LADY JEYNE       a song of ice and fire   — AU    ✧⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆

⋆     ═══════-═══════-═══════     ⋆

╔════════════╗

ii. The Heir Of Winterfell
⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆

— the scent of mulberry was the first thing she was met with when she made her anticipated entrance into the banquet hall. hearty chuckles of two old friends reuniting reverberated off the walls as the sweet smelling fragrance of iced blueberries and lemon cakes clung to her nostrils as the stuffed goose sauced with the mulberries fought to dominate her sense of smell. the cooks had prepared a generous assortment of foods for their arrival but as she edged closer to where her mother had beckoned for them to sit, jeyne could not help but frown subtly as her efforts of scouring the tables were in vain— there was no cheese.

       jeyne had always born a strange partiality for the savoury so much so that when she was of six years, it was all she ever ate. her father had eventually limited her to three portions a week by feeding her tales of little girls who turned into mice. this was per insistence from his wife of course who had whined she would rather not have a child who died from malnourishment.

      having been so engrossed with her observation of the delicacies, the girl with honey-hued hair was oblivious to the curious eyes that followed her every move right up until she found herself seated back to back with him, not even having realised it.

      With the abundance of euphuistic flowers all but embroided into her labyrinth of a hairstyle, jeyne stuck out like a sore thumb amongst the Northeners. Piling her plate up with food she would never finish, Jeyne was not sure if she would even want to live in this cold place, without any friends or Maegelle or Denys to make her laugh or smile. sitting by herself, glancing to Maegelle and Sansa and some other giggling little girls beside them to her mother and father seated beside Lord and Lady Stark in their seats mounted above all the little people, it was like Jeyne was seeing a glimpse into her future life.