LADY JEYNE, ix. passing fancy

╔════════════╗
           LADY JEYNE      
a song of ice and fire   — AU    ✧
⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆

"    ON THE STROKE OF TWELVE, the spell will be brokenand everything will be as it was before "— CINDERELLA, fairy godmother

" ON THE STROKE OF TWELVE,
the spell will be broken
and everything will be as it was before "
— CINDERELLA, fairy godmother

╔════════════╗

ii. Passing Fancy
⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆

COUNTLESS TIMES SHE HAD PRICKED her finger as she tried and failed miserably to mirror the exemplary embroidery of Sansa. Sewing was not per say one of her strong suits but she had never thought it a shortcoming until Sansa's intricate patterns had made her attempts at stitching look shameful. It comforted Jeyne that at least she was not alone in her lack of success as Maegelle and Arya looked distastefully to the Septa at her praise of the red haired girl.

Hearty laughter emitting from the outside distracted them both and while Jeyne could not deny the voices of the boys and arrows flying through the air ringing in her ear piqued her interest, she was not early as eager to abandon threading to go and join them. Yet she knew Arya's longing glances to the window and Maegelle's brown eyes being full with mischief meant this was only going to play out in one way.

"Septa Mordane." Maegelle cleared her throat to catch the woman's attention as she spoke politely. "It appears I have drank too much water, I should like to go relieve myself."

The septa nodded her veiled head dismissively as she continued to marvel at the artistry Sansa's delicate fingers had crafted. Maegelle wagged her eyebrows at Jeyne triumphantly and Arya enviously watched her leave.

"Maegelle!" Jeyne whisper-shouted to which she only received a wave, the girl not even turning her head.

"Maegelle!"