LADY JEYNE, xi. secret admirer

╔════════════╗
           LADY JEYNE      
a song of ice and fire   — AU    ✧
⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆

╔════════════╗           LADY JEYNE       a song of ice and fire   — AU    ✧⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆

╔════════════════════════╗
THE GIRL WITH THE
FLOWERS IN HER HAIR.

╔════════════════════════╗THE GIRL WITH THE FLOWERS IN HER HAIR

xi. secret admirer— a song of ice and fire AU
⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆

THE CAUSE OF DESMOND REDWYNE'S aversion to crimson red pumps was something he never cared to divulge. He hated them and that is all anyone knew about the topic. Nine years of age, that was how old Jeyne had been when she had plodded down the staircase of her towers in shoes more ruby than any of the gems her mother owned. That had been enough to send the freckled calm-tempered man into a blinding rage, nostrils flared and fists clenched while he lashed out at her with his teeth bared. Jeyne Grace only remembered that much, same with Maegelle and Lady Denyse who had made sure they would never slip their dainty feet into such pumps again as the apple of Desmond Redwyne's eyes ran up to her room in her plush puffy pink gown with tears in her green eyes and cheeks as red as the slipper she left behind on the stairs.

Hence why Jeyne was currently convincing to Sansa to believe the genuine reason she could not accept the gift she had so kindly given her and not because they were ugly.

"They make my father angry."

Sansa looked to her pointedly, like she didn't believe her. "How can pumps make anyone angry?"

"I wish I knew." Jeyne hummed indifferently, fiddling with the thick-banded wreath rounded about her head. It rested heavily in the locks of her, the headrest was made of green cuspate leaves (Jeyne did wonder if they were poisonous), grasses, branches, ripe purple berries supposed to be posing as grapes and what was — most obvious— tiny liliputian cream white and brilliant red flowers.