3

So I had this good idea this morning about this book becoming a type of tv series, and I decided this song above could be used so enjoy!!!

It's been a couple of days since the blonde incident, and my father has kept me under lock and key all because someone tried to take advantage of a poor 19-year-old.

Chavez and I haven't spoken or looked at each other since it happened to my knowledge. Doc had threatened Chavez plenty of times, but today, there were no screams of boyhood. Unfortunately, I could only hear Billy at the pig enclosure.

The sweet sounds of Billy and Josie the pig were interrupted by the sound of a horse, I rush outside to see the boys lined up showing their weapons but I don't catch a glimpse of Billy wondering where the hell he is.

Both Sheriff Brady and about 10 to 20 men show up the leader Murphy, a businessman his partner Doyle is nowhere to be seen.
Father comes out, sees the problem and sneakily pulls me aside, and lightly pushes me behind Chavez so I wouldn't get hurt.

"Why do you have to be behind me?"
Chavez whispers, trying to not draw attention to himself.

"Well, ask my father your employer dumbass." I saw him smirk and put his hand behind his back, and gradually, I accepted. After grabbing his hand, I'm moved next to him in the line of a potential fire.

The smell of whiskey wrecks my nose, making me gag. Chavez looks at me and says, "Knock it off! They're staring at you." I stop and see the men still staring at me. Creepy.

Chavez suddenly went from this romantic hero to this cold sourpuss pushing me away with that warm smile replaced now with his same dapper expression sulking around doing his duties.

"I love you." The words he would never say to me, and I was fine with it. If he did not love me, then I don't love him, or do I?
Focus Lori remembers love, at first sight, is not real take it from mom and dad they hated each other before they loved each other. Mom was a French noblewoman while dad is a businessman it's not every day that you are told the story of your birth.

I miss my mom and sisters I wished that they could've come with us to America but if I remember clearly Marvella is pregnant with her first And Gracie is sick with typhoid fever being the middle child is the hardest.
So much is demanded of you. I'm not kidding. Marvella was seen as an excellent child, especially when she got married to a man I loved from Bristol, and Gracie was just Gracie.

Last that I heard of mother she had fallen ill with smallpox no doubt. Papa was worried about her. Whenever we get a letter from England he would ignore it leaving me to read it.

"Loraine? John wants you in his study." Steve stands there a deer stunned by a gunshot. "Why Steve?" I got up and strolled passed the stunned boy and into the makeshift library where father sat so still and tranquil like a river.

"Ah my daughter come closer I have something to show you." Father stands up holding an envelope addressed with my name on it and hands it to me. Weird no one ever writes to me so why now?
I open the letter father's stare increases until I read it aloud and it wrote,

"Dearest Loriane,

You are the dove to my olive branch, the moon to my stars only you can bring me my universe. If only you would marry me and become Mrs. Murphy."

And that's where I stop reading that son of a gun Murphy wants me to marry his son I rather kill myself than be his bride. Chavez comes in just as I run out weeping and straight into my room throwing myself on the mattress and crying into my pillow.

Until I hear a light knocking at my chamber door. "Whoever it is go away." To my surprise, I hear the familiar word "Nevermore" from behind my chamber door. "Doc I know it's you go away you Edgar Allen Poe maniac!" But I still hear the word "Nevermore" until it knocks on my chamber door I get up and answer to see Chavez.

"What the hell do you want ponytail." A look of shock stuns his face then responded with "Ponytail? That's cruel even for you princess. Anyway, I wanted to check in on you since you looked upset or on a flimsy piece of paper."

He wraps his arms around me holding me tight and secure and whispered in my ear. "I'm sorry that I'm hard on you it's only because life has kicked me in around so much that I learned to shut down my feelings. I love you Lori my snow dove."