7

I want to chase after Chavez, but he won't listen to me after all I put him and the gang in danger.
I should have died with Papa accepting my fate as the girl who never confessed her feelings or as the girl who never grew up.

Especially when I know he loves someone who's not like me. I hear the door close, and I get up and rush downstairs and get all my anger out. "How can I be like her! How can I be as special as she is! Tell me, Chavez! Tell me!"

Tears start streaming from my eyes, anger from all the months Chavez has worked on this ranch.

"Lorraine, what girl are you talking about? I have no girl."

To Josiah's surprise, everything I just yelled out went right into his face. My cheeks turn a bright red, brighter than a coyote eating breakfast.

"Sorry, Doc, that wasn't meant for you but for someone else." He stares at me, and then it hits him who I was talking about.

"It's about Chavez, isn't it? Don't lie to me, Lori. I know your tells." I stand my ground, not wanting to give in but relentlessly give in towards this man of meat and potatoes. "Ugh, fine, you win! Yes, it's about Chavez!"

" I love him, but whenever I try to talk to him, he becomes this Jekyll, instead of Hyde, and I'll admit I become one to only because of him."

Chavez walks in oblivious to me and Doc's conversation about him and after grabbing a drink leaves side eyeing me.

"Have you ever considered trapping him in your room and trying to seduce him?" I smack Doc for the sake of my pride and dignity.

"Good God, Josiah, please, for the sake of everyone on this little farm, keep all that unholy nonsense in a locked box!" He laughs it off, seeing me happy after a day of despair.

"Lori, Chavez wants to see you." Billy says with a smirk in his eye. I follow him towards the barn to where I see a woman, probably Iris, Hickory's sister kissing him, then started walking my way, leaving.

"How can I be like her! How can I be as special as she is! Tell me, Chavez! Tell me!" Tears started streaming down my face again right as I was about to get an answer from him.
Alex needed him to swear on the Bible, becoming a deputy, and that's probably when he realized I wasn't as stingy or as boorish as he thought.

The vows I made towards this group of ragamuffin's as they saddle up wearing their badges proudly like a mink coat and I to saddle up only to be yelled at.

"No way in hell you're coming with us, Rori!" Brewer said, saying my other nickname Rori instead of Lori what a petty move their Brewer.

"Please let me go it's too quiet in the house. Besides, I can change into something manly." I pleaded, getting the sigh of annoyance and getting approval.

I ran into the house, packing little things I would need and a new suit in order to fight crime! At least safely so I don't get hurt.

I come out and hop back on the horse and already receive dirty and weird looks as we ride off to get our first bounty

"So princess, you wanted an answer to those questions that you yelled at me for?" Chavez said, smirking as he tried to remain next to me.
"Yes, why have you thought that I asked you, dumbass?"

Let him eat my dust as I speed up next to Doc chatting causlly with him I glance back to see a moping Chavez maybe I had hurt him or he was just like that one minute affection the next Debby downer.

We arrived at this wooden saloon. A man walks out. I immediately take out my gun, ready to shoot him, but I remember what Brewer has said once about shooting blind so I put it away.

" Rori, how about you get the first case. Ladies, first you know." Steve teases while Charlie agrees with him, but Billy disagrees and goes towards the run-down shack.

"Lori, be smart about this. Especially how you dress looking like Chavez when he goes to church on Sunday." Mcloskey says, laughing almost falling off his horse.

"That wasn't funny Mcloskey now apologize immediately to Rorianna and Chavez." Mcloskey shuts his mouth as I look away from the group and towards the run-down saloon.

Wondering what the hell was taking William so long until I heard the roar of guns and a small blonde kid running towards us...