11

Tw: slurs (old times language) 

"Come on out Tunstall I know your in there!" The smell of whiskey wafted through the window silently making me sick. That old man knew better about hunting me down

"If only Akecheta were here." Chavez lowers me down. Immediately going to grab his gun confused I got up and followed him.

"Chavez, what do you mean if only Akecheta were here? Is he important towards this?" 

Frustrated he stops looks into my room then walks towards his room seeing that his gun is missing.

"Ch'iidii! Where did I put that damn gun?"  He wanders throughout the room with a gaze so sharp it'll cut you in half.

"I'll reveal the location if you tell me what this so-called Akecheta would do. What are you having a crush on him or something?" I tease knowing he'll tell.

"You know what fine I'll spill..." Chavez walks to the window and sits down.

"Everything?" I ask wanting to know.

"Yes, Lori everything." He clears his throat and begins.

"As I have mentioned Akecheta and I are like brothers but we met each other on a sad day. The day in mention was his father's funeral and his dad died protecting the family from being raided or even worse stolen..."

"Ok, but that doesn't answer my question how is this man involved?"  I was told growing up that being obnoxious gets answers quickly.

"Che woman I'm getting there now be quiet! As I was saying he and I became close so close that, Me, Akecheta, and Ohitekah became a trio foraging a bond."

He stops his soft firm voice starts breaking quivering in sadness I almost want to hug him but I don't.

"The...the last time I saw Akecheta was when that girl showed up. She was beautiful with sun-kissed hair and rose-blushed cheeks let's just say she was cute."

Again he pauses while my eyes meet his, and the part of the ocean that consists of my soul spills out.

He reaches for his left pocket and pulls out a drawing of a woman her hair like dirt covered with the sun.

"Chavez, did you draw this?" I ask amazed at the details of this mystery woman

"Why uh yes I did!  I was able to get a good look at her before she woke up. The last I heard from him I was still at the sands reservation and he was visiting her friend Arley for a mission he wrote saying she was pregnant and happily married to...to him."

Tears are wiped from his face as he puts his hand out for the gun.

Now I realize it the sudden romantic moves the flirty gestures! He loved her that man loved her. I flip the photo over to see the name Lori Ellison that very name Jasmine had mentioned during Father's funeral lunchin.

Like a bullet released from a gun he snapped out of it snatching the gun and running downstairs to go against the old Buckshot Robert's killer of men.

"Chavez wait! Did you actually confess ypur feelings to her or am I a copy to torture you?" I chase him down the stairs wincing.

"Finally the damn Greaser showed up! What where you fucking her or something?" Steve says spitting out some of his tobacco.

"No you piece of disappointment I wasn't we were only talking."...