one | wednesday's child is full of woe

-ONE-

The day was crisp and calm. Half a term had already passed, but Juniper wasn't feeling at home in the huge school even the slightest. The name calling and the occasional bullying wasn't anything she couldn't handle, for as long as she had her music and her plants, she was fine.

She sat in the greenhouse, her cat at her side, and was examining her spellbook. She desperately needed another protection jar, and had completely forgotten the ingredients for it after a particularly volatile enchantment went wrong, which resulted in a slight forgetful aftereffect. 

"Junie!" Exclaimed a peppy voice. The redhead turned around in her seat, seeing her friend Enid Sinclair walking over to her. With another girl in tow. The girl seemed odd, with two pigtails, a black uniform, pale complexion, and an unblinking, murderous stare. 

"Enid." Nodded the English witch, standing up and dusting some twigs out of her hair. "To what do I owe this...sudden visit?" 

"I'd like you to meet my new roommate and friend, Wednesday Addams!" Grinned the blonde, gesturing to the murderous girl. She looked at her and said, "Wednesday, this is Juniper Carrow. She's a witch and dryad rolled into one, so she doesn't really fit in with the other groups." 

"Wednesday's child is full of woe." Juniper quoted, "Coincidental that your name goes with one of the darkest lines of poetry." 

"You know A.H Bryne?" She asked, a shocked undertone barely comprehensible beneath the flat monotone. 

"Familiar with a few works." Shrugged Juniper. 

Wednesday went over to the black orchids in the far corner, and touched their delicate petals with a surprisingly gentle hand. "Orchids. Notoriously difficult to grow, second to wasabi plants." She turned to the redhead witch, who was tying her hair back with a bright green bandanna, and her eyes landed on the tattoo on the girl's neck. It was a long strip of a doodled juniper plant. 

"Juniper. Few species have poisonous traits, but most have fruits which can cause serious kidney damage..." Wednesday noted. 

"I'll give you serious kidney damage if you don't stop touching my plants, Addams." The taller girl glared at her, stepping closer. 

Wednesday moved away from the orchids and told Enid, "She's interesting." 

"Interesting's a nice word to describe me." Juniper smirked, leaning against a paper-scattered wood table. "Could say the same for you. You and I could be friends, perhaps?" 

"I'm not a fan of friends. I prefer solitude." Wednesday's quick reply didn't startle Juniper as it did others. 

"Solitude's a temporary state. However, it can drive a person mad." Replied the redhead. "Seems like that's already got you." 

Enid looked at Wednesday, "You could use an equally scary friend." 

"I don't find a hedge witch scary." Said Wednesday, looking over at Juniper, who was watering some strange-looking hybrid blossoms. A cross between a succulent and night blooming jasmine. 

"I'll have you know, I am quite scary in my true form." Scowled Juniper, "And you do not want to be anywhere near me when I am. Oh, and just an FYI, I am not a hedge witch." 

"Whatever suits your fancy." Shrugged the black-haired girl, "But in all honesty, you could be useful in many ways." 

Juniper turned away and walked over to the black orchids. She plucked one out and handed it to Wednesday, saying, "Keep it. Should you ever need my services, crush a single petal between your fingers and say my name. The spell will work only for you, as your touch is present on this exact bloom." 

"Okay...we'll see you around, I guess?" Said Enid, a little weirded out. 

"See you." Nodded Juniper, letting them leave. 

Outside, Wednesday couldn't help but admit, "She's...not pathetic." Her eyes were fixated on the black orchid between her fingers. 

"Junie's really nice once you get to know her." Grinned Enid. 

"I can see that she's quite the charmer." Admitted the dark haired girl. 

"I have a feeling she likes you." Winked the blonde. "I've gotta go. Toodles!" 

In a trice, Enid had vanished, leaving Wednesday at the entrance to their dorm, where she formulated a plan in her head to get a plain side. 

However, for some reason, she couldn't get a certain redhead out of her mind...

---
kinda mehif you ask me-

ANYGAYS, I HOPE YOU ENJOYED <3 

20 comment pls pls-

DON'T FORGET TO VOTE <33

Have a fabulous day/night!

With love and hugs,
Daisy Rose