thirty six | every plan has a setback

-THIRTY SIX-

"I told you...to stop...calling me...tree." Seethed Juniper, watching blood bloom on the sheriff's chest like little polka dots form where her claws dug into the skin. "I am going to rip your throat out here and now."

Before she could raise a clawed hand to follow through with her threat, she was pulled off him by Wednesday, who held her clawed hands in her own, the same way the goth had seen Juniper do to Enid.

"Cara mia, don't," said Wednesday, gently running her thumbs down the dryad's trembling hands. "He's not worth being punished by your patrons."

"He called me tree," spat the dryad, glaring at the man before looking back at Wednesday. "You know I hate that."

"I know, but he's not worth your anger, cara mia," the goth replied. As an officer stepped towards the dryad, tazer in hand, she immediately let go of Juniper and raised the metal hammer, ready to strike. "Touch her and I will turn your bones to a powder and pass it off as chalk dust."

"You..." seethed Galpin, standing up and pointing at Juniper with a shaking finger, "You watch yourself, tree. One more slip-up and it's lifetime jail for you."

Hearing the name again, Juniper was about to march over to him and beat every last living piece of soul he had left, but Wednesday held her back cautiously. "Cara mia, no," warned the girl. "Bad idea."

"The best things spark from bad ideas," snarled the dryad, fighting the girl's grip. "Besides, what's he gonna do?"

"Lifetime jail," warned the sheriff. "And I'll kill the cat." He pointed his gun at Kelpie, who was elegantly licking his paw. His bright green eyes caught sight of the gun and he hissed violently, morphing into his dragon form as he backed away from the weapon.

Wednesday moved in front of Juniper, hands on her waist as she leaned up to brush her lips against the girl's, saying in a soft voice, "Murder can be my first option, and your second option. So, let's hear him out. Maybe this can be a make-up date?"

"Fucking hell--" Muttered the dryad before looking at Galpin and putting her hands up in surrender. "Arrest me, or whatever. There's plenty on my record anyway, I don't give a fuck anymore," she glared at the man fiercely, saying through gritted teeth, "Just don't. Touch. My cat."

"Priorities, I guess," the man rolled his eyes, before taking both girls down to the station.

--Time Skip--

Juniper stood next to Wednesday quietly, her mind finally having processed the kiss they'd shared in the shed. Her lips tingled and burned, but in a good way this time.

"Winnie," she asked, using the old nickname with caution, "Back in the shed...did you kiss me?"

"My apologies, cara mia. I should have asked," admitted the goth, her eyes going a bit wide-eyed at the question. "It was completely uncalled for, I-"

Juniper laughed and said, "Shut up, you absolute idiot," before catching the girl by the collar of her jacket, pulling her in for a soft kiss.

Their lips fit together perfectly, and they both forgot their surroundings, minds racing. Juniper's hands went up to cup the goth's cheeks, stroking the soft skin with her thumbs slowly as Wednesday's arms wrapped around her waist, pulling her closer. Juniper felt her cheeks heat up  and prayed her hands weren't sweating while her eyes closed in bliss. Though it was a short kiss, it felt like it lasted forever, for both girls felt the familiarity of the gesture bloom inside their fluttering stomachs.

Electric. That's how it felt. Just like their first kiss, way back when, in that deserted corridor. Electric like lightning, like a hundred volts were shooting through their skin at once.

They pulled away slowly, Juniper's eyes turning green as her ears grew pointed, considering the fact that the feeling of Wednesday's lips on hers still lingered, and she blushed a bright red when the goth gave her the smallest triumphant smirk.

"I didn't ask you formally, cara mia," said the goth. "And I know we're in a police station, but we've got a little time to kill."

"Winnie, you've already asked m-" The dryad was cut off by Wednesday placing a cold finger on her lips, silencing her immediately.

"Ssh, amore," replied the black-haired girl, her dark eyes steady on the redhead's green ones. The new nickname made the tips of the dryad's ears tint pink, making the goth in front of her chuckle softly as she continued, "Will you be my girlfriend, Juniper Carrow?"

Without hesitation, Juniper smiled, "Yes, Wednesday. I'll be your girlfriend."

It was at that moment, that a rift closed between them. An emotional rift simply closed up and vanished, the only trace of it being that Juniper was wary of Wednesday's promise to her. That was a natural response, of course. Her trust had been broken too many times before.

Yet here she stood, having kissed her love after so long, tingling all over with her girlfriend's kiss and blushing at her formality.

The pair of them sat down, index fingers linked as their minds raced, and tried unjumbling their thoughts.

"Sheriff Galpin isn't pressing kidnapping or assault charges," said Principal Weems, walking into the waiting room where both girls sat. "Which is a miracle given the circumstances."

"Of course not," said Wednesday. "And the assault charges can be overlooked. Juniper warned him about calling her a certain derogatory term."

"I told you," shrugged the dryad, picking her cat up from the chair, where he had been napping. "Don't call me 'tree'."

The goth looked at Galpin, and frowned, "How long have you known?"

"Excuse me?" Asked the man, confused. Whether he was faking it or being genuine, neither girl could decipher.

"God, your IQ is less than a pencil sharpener's," grumbled the redhead, stroking her cat's fur. "Honestly, you should know what she's talking about, you crusty, shit-licking, fuckface."

"Miss Carrow!" Exclaimed Principal Weems, scandalised.

The redhead glared at her Principal, "He pointed a gun at my cat. I deserve to have insult leeway's."

"When we gave you that claw from the cave, did you already know?" Wednesday forcefully addressed Galpin, eyes blazing. She did, however, link hers and Juniper's index fingers together, keeping the girl calm.

"Wednesday, that's enough," snapped Principal Weems.

"Xavier Thorpe is our Hyde," said the man. "We've got evidence, thanks to you two. That's why I'm giving you one last pass."

"Damn," scoffed the dryad. "Im so grateful."

"Miss Carrow," said Principal Weems with a gasp.

"Tyler is going to turn on you too," said Wednesday, turning around.

"Let's go," snapped Principal Weems, steering them out of the room.

However, just as the two of them left to return to the car, they ran into the last person they wanted to see.

Tyler.

———
HOLY SHIT I FINALLY UPDATED!!!!!!!!

I hope you liked this chapter!!

Fun fact: Juniper knows how to make bird calls so realistic that she's pranced many teacher with this ability.

60 comments pleaseeeee

BY THE WAY
YOURE AMAZING AND I LOVE YOUUUUUUUUUUU

Have a fabulous day/night!

With love and hugs,
Sage <3