twenty four | ignorance is not always bliss

-TWENTY FOUR-

Wednesday's eyes went wide when she saw how violent her girlfriend could get, as the dryad changed into her true form, scaring the life out of Santiago. In the distance, she heard her cat yowl and leap out of Morticia's arms, solely to merge into his dragon form and attack with his owner.

Juniper was barely thinking. Her vision was rimmed with red as anger took over her body, and her claws raked clean across the police officer's face and torso, making markings frighteningly similar to those of the monster. Desperately, Santiago stumbled back, batting at the furious dryad with her bloodstained hands. However her efforts were in vain as the crimson fluid on her face dripped into her eyes, blurring her vision as Kelpie scratched her left-right and center.

The dryad only stopped her vicious attacks when another officer pulled her clean off the woman, catching her in a headlock that blocked her airways. Her cat was immediately caged, earning an offended gasp from all three of them as he blew out smoke and fire from his mouth, in a desperate attempt to melt the bars of the cage.

"Get off me!" Juniper snarled, flipping her person deftly over her shoulder and punching them in the face. "Let go of my cat!"

She calmed down only when she felt a cold hand caress her own, and a calm monotone whispering, "Cara mia, calm yourself. She's got what she deserves, step back a moment and breathe. Kelpie's alright, he's only in a bewitched cage."

As Juniper listened to Wednesday, the dryad felt handcuffs click on her wrists, and noticed the goth getting cuffed as well seconds later. The redhead glared at the male officer, who was nursing a broken and bleeding nose, but was calmed by a soft look sent to her by her partner.

"Give me strength to deal with these imbeciles, Earth Mother," Juniper muttered as she sat beside Wednesday in the cop car. "And for the love of everything good in this world, keep Kelpie safe."

—Time Skip—

"Truthfully, that was very attractive to see," admitted Wednesday as an officer led them to the cells.

"I am ashamed, but at the same time I'm not," replied Juniper with a sigh. Her hands had dark blood up till her wrists, and her green knit sweater was dotted with it here and there. Her nails, which usually had dirt beneath them, had the crimson fluid trapped there instead.

"There's no need to be ashamed," replied the goth. "Self defence must never be a point of shame for you, cara mia. You're patient enough as is."

Before the dryad could answer, an unpleasant person's voice was heard.

"Lock the tree up somewhere else," snapped Galpin, walking in. "She should have a life sentence for what she did to Santiago. And make sure the cat's put in the pound."

"Unless you want the  same fate as your second in command, I suggest you back up, Sheriff, and stop calling me tree," Juniper hissed. "I may be restrained, but I have magic deadly enough to make you put nails in your eyes and swallow bulletin board pins," her eyes glinted in that feral way yet again, as she added, "So I suggest you think out your plan of action very, very carefully."

Her eyes glowed dangerously as she added, "And if you dare to even lay a hand on my cat, I swear on Iris and Gaia that I will rip out your intestines and strangle you with them."