thirty five | torturous answers

-THIRTY FIVE-

Tyler was nicely chained to the chair, and after the others persuaded Juniper not to strangle him the second he woke up, Bianca snapped her fingers next to his ears, waking him up.

"Rise and shine, Sleeping Beauty," the dryad scoffed, her claws out, horns curling round her pointed ears, giving her a rather threatening look.

"Welcome back," said Wednesday, looking at Juniper with a smirk.

Tyler struggled against his bonds, asking with fear in his voice, "Where the hell am I?"

"Somewhere no one can hear your screams," said the goth.

"What's with the chains?" He asked, confused.

"Said it once, will say it again, you have negative three braincells," scoffed Juniper.

"Don't ask stupid questions, Tyler," snapped Wednesday.

"Wednesday, this is crazy. I'm a normie," he replied, trembling and shaking.

"That's only half true," replied the goth. She held up a piece of paper, which had a photograph of the school fencing team in it. Upon noticing Marceline in the photograph, Juniper shuddered as she realised how similar they truly were.

"Do you recognize her?" Asked the goth, snapping Juniper back to reality as she continued interrogating Tyler. "Perhaps if I hadn't been so distracted by my own mother hogging this photo, I would have noticed yours sooner," she placed the photo down and looked at him menacingly. "Your father fell in love and married an outcast."

"My mom was an outcast. That doesn't make me a monster," replied the boy.

"Well, according to science, the mutation in a Hyde is hereditary. It can be passed on to any potential offspring of the monster, thus giving said offspring the beastial ability and temperament," added the dryad, shaking her hair out a bit before morphing back to her normal form.

"Juniper's right," said Wednesday, grabbing a file, "And, according to your mother's personal medical records..."

"You stole her medical records?" Interrupted Tyler, offended.

"Don't interrupt her, boy," snapped Juniper, flexing her claws out in one hand. "Not when you're in the wrong."

"Cara mia, no," said the goth tenderly, before quipping at the boy, "Technically, Thing stole them. He took them from your garage. Your father's quite the pack rat," she then began to tell him the facts, plain and simple. "
Her postpartum depression triggered her condition."

"My mom had severe bipolar disorder," he said, voice trembling.

"We both know that's a lie," scoffed Wednesday. "She was a Hyde," her voice stayed level as she added in a low tone, "And your father has been living his life in dread, never quite sure whether or not she passed her condition on to you."

"Are you all gonna stand there and let her do this to me?" He peered at the onlookers, who refused to move a muscle to help.

"Uh, guys? Enid just texted," said Ajax from the corner of the room. "Thornhill's suspicious. How long until he morphs into that... thing?"