S3 Ch8a: The Day with Yoongi

Cadence opened her eyes when Jin's phone alarm went off, and she smiled. It played "Awake" and he groggily reached out one hand to snooze it. He was on his side, facing away from her. <Umpf, I took off the pajamas in my sleep again.> She turned her head to look at him. His hair was sticking up at weird angles and the collar of his pajama top had popped up. While she was looking at him, his right hand groped behind him, looking for her. She scooched herself back out of his reach and tried not to giggle as the groping got more intense. He turned over and scowled at her.

"Wae!" His tone of voice made her look at his face carefully.

"I need a hug please."

Cadence pulled him into her arms and wrapped her leg over him, making sure he was flush against her body. She put her hand against the back of his head and pushed him into her, tucked his head under her chin. She rolled back slightly so her other arm could squeeze his shoulders and hook her other foot over his ankle. She held him tight, kissing the top of his head. <I can't believe he asked for this>

Jin made a small vocalization against her throat. He relaxed against her body and stayed that way until his phone alarm went off again. Reluctantly he untangled himself from her and turned it off. He sat on the edge of the bed, head down, shoulders slumped

"Bad dream?" He nodded.

<shit I hope our conversation didn't trigger a nightmare for him >

"Want to talk about it?" He shook his head.

"Need another hug?" He hesitated.

"Rather have a blow job?" He laughed. <Good! I made you laugh!>

"Yah, I have to go to work early today, there isn't time, I am sorry to say."

"Whatever you need, Seokjin."

He twisted around and looked at her. She was laying on her side, looking at him, her head resting on her propped elbow, the blankets around her waist. Her purple hair was tangled and there were traces of yesterday's makeup - no that was paint. He smiled at her.

"You are so beautiful, Cadence, inside and out. I am grateful that you came into my life."

"Honestly, Seokjin, I didn't come into your life. You grabbed me by the hand and pulled me into your life, pretty much dragging my feet and protesting loudly. And for that, I am grateful."

Seokjin got up and leaned over the bed, kissed her, and then stood up, stretching. He took off his pajamas and then stretched again in a slow and showy way. Cae let her eyes run down his body, admiring his form. "Like carved marble."

"Thank you." He grinned at her and headed toward the bathroom. "I don't have much time, so you stay in bed, you temptress." He called over his shoulder and laughed heartily as he closed the door. Cae got up and put on the red silk robe, then headed into Jin's office to sort through her watercolors from yesterday. She wanted to give him one to put in his office, something that would convey how grateful she was for his friendship, his kindness, and his acceptance of her. She selected one and was closing the door behind her when he came into the main room. He was dressed and his hair was damp.

"I have something for you, Jin." He gestured for her to follow him into the kitchen, where he started making coffee. She set the watercolor on the counter. "It's for your office, if that's ok."

He looked at it, his hands stilled on the coffee kettle.

"It's to remind you, every day, that someone holds your heart dear to them."

He ran his finger along the edge of the paper.