Chapter 1

It was a regular day in Metro Manila, Philippines.

Every adult people at work and children and teenagers are in school studying to be better and successful people in the future.

Every day it had a victim getting killed by an unknown person is it a person?

It has always been in the news some people died but the thief has never been caught.

However, there is only one who can solve this problem.

~This Morning~

Y/N Pov

I was sleeping peacefully, on my bed until my alarm went on.

When I was hearing my alarm my head started to ache.

I turned off my alarm and get up to my bed.

I've begun to fix my bed before I fix myself.

I was done fixing my bed and headed to the bathroom to fix myself.

I look at my mirror and I look ugly as usual,

"Alright let's get to it," I said.

I open the faucet and put my two hands under the faucet to catch the water falling.

When the water was spilling out of my hands I splash on my face.

"Lagi bang malamig ang tubig tuwing umaga? (Is the water always cold every morning?). " I complained.

I was done cleaning my face and grabbed the clean towel and rubbed at my face.

"That was refreshing," I said.

I grabbed my toothbrush and toothpaste and started to clean my teeth.

While I was done cleaning my teeth I heard someone knocking on my door.

"Hey, it's your brother James," Brother spoke to me.

He opened the door and saw me in the bathroom.

I was done brushing my teeth and glanced at him.

"Do you need anything?" I asked.

"Nope, I don't need anything I just came here to tell you that I will go home late again," My Brother advise me.

"Oh okay, so I'm gonna be alone again right?" I responded to him.

"Oo (yes)" Brother responded to me.

"Alright, I'm going now my boss might be angry at me again for being late," Brother said.

"Oh okay keep safe at your work," I responded to him.

He gave me a goodbye wave and left my room.

I was gonna say don't close the door because I was leaving my room too.

I opened the door and left my room I headed downstairs to eat breakfast.

When I was heading to the kitchen I heard the news on the tv.

"Breaking News! At the MTR station, many people got killed by an unknown killer!" The news reporter announced.

"Every day many people are dying with that mysterious killer," I said.

"Tama ka mag-iingat ka kapag wala kami ng kapatid mo. (You're right to be careful when your brother and I are not around.) " Mother warns me.

"Yes, I will I can handle myself alone besides I learned many self-defense techniques from my brother," I respond to Mother.

"I know you can handle yourself but you have to be careful always," Mom replied to me.

My mom grabbed her pouch and was heading outside.

But she stops and kisses my forehead. "Takes charge of the house while we were gone." Mother commands me.

I smiled at her. "Yes, Mom." I accept her command.

She smiled back at me and headed to the door and left the house.

When I'm alone now I felt happy than ever.

"Finally some peace," I said.

~Timeskip~

~Midnight~

Y/N Pov

It was 9:00 pm-midnight and it was very quiet as usual.

I was just laying down on the sofa solving Rubik's cubes.

While I was solving the Rubik's cubes I heard a knock on the door I heard my brother's voice on the door.

"Y/N! Can you open the door is locked and I forgot to bring my keys..." Brother spoke.

I was surprised that my brother will go home this early.

I get up on the sofa and went to the door.

I was gonna open the doorknob but my phone rang.

I grabbed my phone from my pocket and answer the call.

"Hello?" I spoke.

"Y/N it's your brothers can you do me a favor? Bring me some clothes before you go to bed." My brother request me.

I was nervous that I'm calling my brother right now but who was the person in front of the door?

'Could it be a doubleganger?' I said in my mind.

"Y-Yea noted," I responded to my brother.

"Alright, I'll be home late again bye," he said goodbye to me.

"Okay, keep safe," I replied to him.

James end calls the call when I take off my phone at the ear I felt scared a bit.

But I'm an adult now I must be brave.

"Y/N? Bat ang tagal mo mag bukas ng pinto? (Y/N? Why are you taking so long to open the door?) " My doubleganger brother questioned me.

"Give me a second!" I replied.

I ran to the kitchen and grabbed the knife to kill My double-ganger brother.

I headed to the door and didn't hesitate to open it.

My double-ganger brother gives me a calm smile. "Hey Y-" He didn't finish his sentence.

I stab the double-ganger through to its chest which is where the heart is.

The double-ganger started to fade away with burned ashes.

It was shouting like a pig making my eardrums hurt.

The double-ganger was dead now and the knife fell to the ground leaving a small black tint on the metal.

I looked at the knife and I was having a bad feeling about it.

"Patay na patay ako kay Nanay (I'm so dead to Mom)," I said while closing the door.

I headed to the sink and started to scrub the black tint at the knife using a sponge.

I started to think about what happened early making me a bit curious.

"Why didn't Mom or Brother tell me about this?" I asked myself.

I sighed. "Well, I might need to find out by myself," I said.

When I soaked the knife I went to the shelves that had many books on them.

"Let's see mythologies. Where is it..." I said while outlining my finger all over the books.

I stopped my finger from outlining the books and saw the mythological book.

I grabbed the book and headed to the table and started to read it.

"I guess my life will be more interesting than I thought," I said.

To be continued.