Chapter 6

3rd person pov-

Roy had been the one to find t̶h̶e̶ ̶c̶l̶o̶n̶e̶ Jason's body.

After hours of searching through Gotham city with Dick, Alfred, Babs, Steph, Cass, Tim, Damian, Duke, Jon Kent (Damian's best friend), Kor'i, and Roy had even called Green Arrow (Oliver Queen, his adoptive father) to look for Jason Todd, Superman having being called by Dick to help out, Oliver and Roy had split up from the group to go check Jason's apartment in Crime Alley.

The sight that had greeted the two archers had Arsenal broken beyond repair. 

There lied Jason t̶h̶e̶ ̶c̶l̶o̶n̶e̶ 's body in the middle of the living room, which was a mess of holes in the walls from fists, things being thrown, and was lying in a pool of blood from the bullet hole in the side of his head, the gun on the floor a few inches from his lifeless hand.

Roy let out an unearthly scream of raw grief as he lunged straight for his f̶a̶u̶x̶ best friend's corpse, only to find no heartbeat and cold bloody skin as he pulled the body into his lap and hugged it tightly, breaking down and screaming and crying for Jason to come back to him.

Oliver had tears in his eyes as he called the others to let them know, and he was in tears at the pain and agony his son was in at the loss of his best friend, his little brother, his everything.

Damian and Jon had been the first to arrive, where the young assassin was crying into Jon's shoulder, followed by Dick and Kor'i. Dick was a mess at the sight of the broken Roy cradling the body, and Kor'i was pressing herself into Arsenal, carding her hand through the hair of the remains of who had been their family, their best friend, leader of The Outlaws, and the one they loved the most. Roy leaned into the Tameranean, both of them crying, and Harper was bent over and sobbing into t̶h̶e̶ ̶c̶l̶o̶n̶e̶ Jason's bloody hair, his body shaking with sobs and cries for his best friend. 

Duke, Stephanie, Cass, Tim, Alfred, and Superman were the last ones to get there, and Tim let out a strangled cry as he sat with Roy and Starfire. Damian ditched Jon and jumped into Dick's arms, crying, and Alfred almost had heart failure at the sight of what he thought was his dead son

Jon went to his father, tears in his eyes, and Stephanie fell to her knees. Cass and Duke sat with her, all not sure on how to comfort one another over the death of t̶h̶e̶ ̶c̶l̶o̶n̶e̶ Jason Todd. 

After a long time, like, a really long time, Roy had eventually cried himself out until he was numb, emotionless, and had decided to go mute and not talk to anyone again. The heartbroken 19 year old gently laid the body on the bloody floor, stood up, and silently began walking to the front door of the apartment. His once bright and cheerful leaf green eyes were now red from crying, and cold and dark and completely dead and broken. Oliver reached out and hugged the red head tightly, which the boy didn't return, though he relaxed a few fractions in his father's arms, before letting go and letting him leave to wherever he needed to go. Kor'i followed him, kissing Jason's cheek and forehead one last time before going to aid and comfort her now oldest friend and partner. 

Alfred was crying with Tim, and the oldest of the group had a strong feeling that he knew where the Outlaws were going. Damian must have put it together as well, because he sniffled. "Harper and Starfire are going to go after Bruce for this. We have to get to him before they do, because I want to be the first one to at least stab him where I know it will hurt him." he said, and Stephanie glared. 

"Let Roy go after Bruce! My brother, my BEST FRIEND, just committed SUICIDE BECAUSE OF HIM!! Bruce drove him towards suicide, Damian, and he honestly deserves what Roy is going to do to him. We can have a turn with beating the shit out of Bruce when Harper is done. But for now, we need to bring Jason back-" Dick cut her off. "No, Steph. We can't do that." he quietly said, tears streaming down his face.