Chapter 10

Cameron pov-

I took one look at Tim Drake (Soon to be Haywood) and would forever deny that there had been any tears trailing down my face.

The poor child looked BAD, and I mean SCARY bad. I've never seen a 3 year old look this bad, and that was saying something with all my years of being in the military and seeing poverty kids, street kids, and others on that paper, but this was easily the worst case that I could ever imagine being possible.

I shared a glance with Damian, Justin, Alex, and Nate, and I saw the shock, horror, and sadness in their brown, green, blue, and hazel eyes, knowing they felt the same as I did. As the Wayne family -except Bruce- sat down at the table, Damian and Alfred left the room, and I caught the determined look of I'm-planning-something in Andrews's eyes right as he turned the corner and vanished with Jason's father.

As for the rest of us, Nate let everyone get as much as they wanted for breakfast, leaving some for Alfred and Damian, and we all introduced ourselves to each other. Dick left after a few moments to go get Andrews and Alfred, and I was carefully studying Tim. Cass was trying to get him to eat, but the tiny boy was shaking his head and pushing it away. His already navy eyes were slowly getting darker with sadness and depression, and his facial expression was the saddest thing anyone could look at. I wanted to give the boy a tight hug, then tell Jason to get his ass over here and make his kid better, but I wasn't able to blow our cover for our leader.

Just as I was about to help Cass try to get Tim to eat, Damian and Dick came back to the kitchen. Dick was wiping tears away with his hand, and Damian looked pissed and worried as he quietly spoke into his phone while constantly glancing at Tim. Alex raised an eyebrow at him in suspicion, and Damian motioned for us to follow him out of the room, which we quickly obeyed. When we got to the living room, Damian put his phone on speaker, revealing that he was talking to Jason, and said soldier was cussing in German, Russian, and Italian.

Justin raised his eyebrows, and Damian spoke. "Dick just told me that Roy's been kidnapped by the League of Assassins a week ago, which is why he hasn't answered any of our calls or texts." he said, and Nate gasped. "What?! How didn't we hear about this?" he asked, and our second in command shook his head. "I don't know. But, we have a HUGE problem, and Harper getting taken is only the start of it." Damian said.

All of us were silent, all trying to silently figure out how to tell Jason about Tim.

"You boys are too quiet. What's wrong? I can tell something happened, and I know you're hiding something from me." Jason Haywood said, and all of us glanced at each other, still silent and unsure of how to answer our boss.

Then Damian sighed. "Check the chat, Jason. You're not going to like this." He said, sending something. All of our phones buzzed, and I looked at mine to see a photo of Tim in Dick's arms when they arrived at the kitchen. The sight of the boy in the photo made me feel sick with worry and the urge to help him again.

Jason was silent for several seconds, until-

"WHAT THE BLOODY FUCKING HELL HAPPENED TO MY GOD DAMNED CHILD?! Why THE FUCK IS TIM LIKE THAT? What the hell happened to him? No, WHO THE FUCK DID THAT TO MY FUCKING SON?!? ANSWER ME!!" Jason Peter Todd-Pennyworth Haywood screamed into the phone as loud as he could. All of us winced, and Alex and I flinched away from the phone.

I was dead ass scared of his tone, and I unfortunately was able to picture the look on his face. That scared the shit out of me, which was terrifying, because NOTHING could scare me that easily. Except a very pissed off, Lazarus Pit induced superhuman, scary ninja/assassin/All Caste trained member/ex-crime boss and military mastermind Jason Todd. Well, Jason Haywood, but what the hell? They were the same person, so I could technically call him by either name.