Chapter 11

Jason pov-
I quickly put my last bag in the truck bed of my truck at the Gotham airport a couple of days later, Ace happily sitting in shotgun with the window down, Zayde, Caliber, and Aries in my large backseats, and all of my many bags packed up in the bed, many being my things and my dog's stuff that each of them chose. All of them had full military training, and service dog training that I continued in all four of them, and were honestly terrifying to everyone around me because of how unnaturally large and scary looking they looked.

All of them were complete dorks under their working and terrifying sides, though, but only unless I gave them the order to relax.

I had rescued Roy from the League of Assassins yesterday and may or may not have completely wiped out everyone there, including Talia and Ra's Al-Ghul, each of the cults bodies was mangled enough that I made sure nothing would be able to bring any of them back to life, then destroyed the palace while I was there. Roy was currently being looked after by Brooklynn and Will, whom I'd personally asked to watch over them while I was in Gotham, and my best friend was gravely injured from the torture that he'd been through, though Cullen said that the archer would make a full recovery and be okay.

Roy still hadn't woken up, though he was barely awake when I had found him and barely alive, and had raced him back to my home, where Cullen was already waiting, having been best friends with Brooklynn since they were kids. Will also was single but wasn't looking for a relationship for a while.

I was snapped out of my thoughts by Caliber barking at me, his tan and black head out the window and a smile on his face. I smiled back at him and shut my red tailgate, then went up to him and scratched his ears. "You ready, boy? We're going to be living in a much nicer place than normal, but you'll like the yard it has. All of you will, I promise. Ghost is there, too," I told them. Aries got excited at that. He loved Ghost and the two were almost inseparable. The Rottweiler barked happily, and I grinned. "Alright, alright, calm down a little bit, Aries. You still have a few hours till you see him and meet y'all's, new boy." I said, getting in the black leather driver's seat and starting the Chevrolet.

Ace let a loud, earsplitting howl out the window, and the other three quickly joined him as I drove out of the parking garage and entered the old streets of my old home, deliberately taking my time and taking detours so that I could drive through Crime Alley, my real former home, then dropped by the park to see if the statue of me was still there.

It was almost dinner time at the manor by the time I arrived at the huge fancy fates and the long driveway several long hours later. Traffic was hellish, but thankfully it gave me time to think about several things more deeply and thoroughly, specifically about what I was going to do around the Wayne kids and Alfred. For Timmy, I had a set of signed and judge-approved adoption papers and a few documents that stated all contact, rights, and relationships were legally severed from Bruce Wayne having Tim, who was now Timothy Jackson Haywood. My other kids were already excited to meet him, and I was determined to help him out of the depression that he had fallen too far into.

All I was going to do around the Waynes was keep my mask on, do my normal thing and not talk much, and completely hide my body language and emotions from them. That was plan 1, and you better believe that I had an assload of plans running through my head as I slowly drive down the ridiculously long driveway.

The manor was still as dark and gloomy on the outside as I remembered, and I parked my truck next to Cameron's, in full sight of the giant house that I knew I didn't belong in. Calmly getting out and trying to stop my hands from shaking, I opened the passenger door and watched Ace climb into the backseat to get out first, followed by Zayde, Aries, and Caliber. My Rottweilers looked at me in a clear pleading, asking to have permission to run around and check everything out. Even Zayde looked around curiously while Ace simply stood tall at my side, looking every bit like the proud and proper soldier that he was. I smirked under my mask and let them go, watching them carefully. My dogs took off like bullets, and I shook my head and began to pull the bags that contained my weapons out of the truck bed, stacking them up carefully and then doing the same with the bags with my clothes and other things.