Chapter 8

Damian (Renegade) pov-

It was safe to say that I didn't know what to expect when the boys and I arrived at Wayne manor in Gotham City, New Jersey, America, 3 days later.

Sure, Jason, a former Wayne himself, and his best friend Roy Harper has told us all kinds of stories about them, but Haywood said that he didn't know if anything changed since he faked his death to get away from old man Bruce Wayne, who I wanted to personally murder myself. The billionaire basically kidnapped him when he was 11, then abused him on top of the abuse and other bullshit that my friend was forced to live through before he even heard of the Wayne family.

I clenched my jaw and shook my head, getting rid of the thoughts in my head. We were in the Gotham Airport parking garage, looking for our trucks that we had bought for the mission. Ghost, my German Shepherd military working dog, was calm as he walked at my side, but was attentive to our surroundings. All of us were in our civilian clothes and not our uniforms, since we didn't want to attract any unwanted attention to ourselves, and each of us had our huge backpacks full of our smaller weapons, books, electronics and chargers, and personal stuff, 3 suitcases full of our clothes and military uniforms, and the several duffel bags of guns, knives and daggers, explosives, and all the other fun toys we use. I had a couple of extra bags for Ghost's things, like his vest, toys, bed, food and water bowls, leashes, treats, his blanket and pillow, and other things.

Yes, we had a lot of luggage, but every bit of it was absolutely necessary for the mission that C.O. Cullen gave us. And God only knew how long that it was going to take.

Anyway, I looked around for our rides, and I spotted them on the farthest side of the lot, Jason's among them. His dark red Chevrolet Z71 2019 Silverado glinted silver in the pale full moon that glowed in the night sky.

I myself had a dark green version of the same truck, Cameron had a navy version, Alex had black, Nate had white, and Justin had silver/grey color

I myself had a dark green version of the same truck, Cameron had a navy version, Alex had black, Nate had white, and Justin had silver/grey color. (a/n- YES, I KNOW imade up a couple of colors for the truck. I know the actual colors, but I wanted to add more than those, so I did. I personally would NEVER own a brown truck, and I wasn't about to let my OC suffer with it either, so I fixed the issue. Fight me if you don't like it yall lmao)

Justin yawned behind me. "Mates, when we get to this manor we have to guard, the first thing I'm going to do is ask for the guest room so that I can sleep. Does anyone else want to drop by a coffee place for some coffee on the way there? I don't want to fall asleep driving. Chloe would kill me." he said, and Nate gasped. "Dude, I smuggled a whole thing of coffee for you specifically for this reason. What the bloody hell did you do to it?" Diablo asked, and Justin yawned again and muttered something.

"You did WHAT?! How the hell did you drink it all already?! It was supposed to last you 3 DAYS, Mendez! Jesus Christ, learn to make your own coffee from now on. That was my last time. Pay for your own Starbucks, mate. I ain't going to come home broke because of you again. Sophia made me sleep on the couch for a MONTH because of you." He complained, and Alex and Cameron burst out laughing at the two. I joined in on the laughter. "Damn, dude. A whole month? How did your brother take that? No doubt he found out." I asked, approaching my truck.