𝟎𝟐. 𝐇𝐎𝐌𝐄

"What if she came home with us?"

Mikey asked his two older brothers as they held a group huddle, purposely excluding Rainy. Leonardo rubbed his chin. "Is it even a girl? Is it rude to ask?" Leonardo said asking what he thought thought were the important questions. "We could, but you know how much trouble we'd be in if we just took a hobo raccoon back home?" Donnie glanced In their direction.

"Yeah but it's a kid living in a dumpster? What would Raph do?" They all tilted their heads up as to think about what mind Raph would say.

"Hey are you guys-" "-do you want to meet our older brother?" Leonardo quickly cut off Rainy getting a little too close for comfort. Rainy took two steps back. "Uh sure is he-"  "we're gonna take you to him!" Leonardo decided not to grant Rainy the privilege of answering any further and snatched their wrist, walking in a direction Rainy could only only imagine was to where their home was.

★ ☆ ★ ☆ ★ ☆ ★ ☆ ★ ☆ ★ ☆ ★

After a period of time  Rainy was too spaced out to count they came to a stop in front of a man hole cover down a different ally way. "Huh, the sewers, if only I thought of that." Rainy watched as the twins lifted the cover, making room for everyone to go inside. Rainy stood for a moment, not moving and watching Mikey begin to climb down after the others. "Aren't you coming?" He asked peaking his head over the hole. "Yeah, it's just that I feel bad." Rainy scratched at the interior of their gloved paw. "Why feel bad? We invited you!" Mikey assured them with a smile.

Rainy sat down in front of the hole. "Yeah but your dad or big brother didn't. What if they get mad at you guys for causing trouble? I don't think I can take getting in trouble right now." They stared at the asphalt below them. Mikey shook his head. "That's not how we do things. You're a friend now, I think, and dad won't be mad, I promise!" He held out one of his three fingers. Rainy held out their own pinky encompassing a pinky swear between the two. "If you say so."

Before long it was the four of them standing in the center of a skating ramp. "So, do we wake up Raph?" Leonardo questioned the two other boys only earning a shrug in response. He huffed in response, shuffling himself towards the assumed boy's room.

Rainy turned to the other two boys standing along side them. "Do we have to wake him up? What if he gets mad at us?" They questioned with concern. In response the other two only looked at each other while Mikey suppressed a giggle. "Raph wouldn't get mad at us. Not for waking him up at least. Sometimes, he could be temperamental but he doesn't take it out on us if it's not our fault." Donatello shrugged.

Rainy only nodded, they weren't entirely sure what direction this interaction was going in but it certainly wasn't blue waltzing in with a larger snapping turtle. He was rubbing his eyes that held a droopy expression. Poor guy had probably been out cold.

"Okay Leo if this is anything like your last surprise, please don't let it wake up dad." He mumbled almost incoherently. "Raph, meet Rainy!" Mikey introduced gleefully, doing jazz hands to gesture to the nocturnal creature. Unfortunately very loudly as well. "Nice to- and you brought a stranger in the house." Raph seemed a little too tired to offer a strong reaction.

"No but he- she? She's really nice. We couldn't just leave her in a dumpster! Right?" Leo continued the trend of being loud. Raph looked in the raccoons direction, they offered a small  weak smile and a wave. "When I wake up later I'm gonna be feeling something, I'm not sure if it's anger for bringing someone we don't know to our home or happiness that you went out of your way to help a person." He turned away and stumbled back to his room to presumedly get more sleep. 

A moment of silence was held before someone spoke up. "That could've gone worse, right?" Rainy mumbled, their eyes darting around the room while the others seemed to shrug. "Wanna watch Tv?" Leonardo turned in the direction of his two brothers and the neighboring raccoon. 

"Sure"
★ ☆ ★ ☆ ★ ☆ ★ ☆ ★ ☆ ★ ☆ ★