𝟎𝟑. 𝐃𝐎 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐖𝐀𝐍𝐓 𝐇𝐄𝐋𝐏?

[Sunday]/9:45 AM/ Home

The raccoon shifted in their spot on the floor next to the recliner. The tv was playing some strange cartoon on a tv network they had never heard of, something about a pickle. Their focus wasn't set on that though. The twins were sleeping in the shared recliner, while Rainy had shared the floor next to Mikey. Everyone surrounding them was asleep, yet they couldn't seem to catch a lick of sleep. They were so tired but something felt wrong about being there. He glanced around the room they were in. full of personality that wouldn't be what you'd expect of a sewer. They sat up in front of the tv, the idea of sleep plaguing their mind. 'Maybe if I just shut my eyes for a minute. Maybe...'

  ★ ☆ ★ ☆ ★ ☆ ★ ☆ ★ ☆ ★ ☆ ★

/12:33 PM/

Their eyes shot open, the unfamiliar surroundings immediately set them off as they began to frantically look around. They were in a room, on a bed with red and grey sheets. They got a better look at their surroundings and get a good look at the ghost bear poster hanging on the wall and the lamp hanging from the ceiling, emitting soft light that gave a pleasant feeling.

They shifted their gaze to the entrance of the room. 'Oh right, I'm with the turtles' they furrowed their brows 'They let me sleep in their bed. That's so, thoughtful' They couldn't help but wear a smile as they waltzed out of the room.

As soon as they walked out they caught sight of the ramp that seemed to center their rooms. In the middle there were the four turtles they had met once before, conversing with each other while clinging to the pieces of wood with wheels.

The boy in blue was the first to seem to notice the raccoon immerging from the room. "woah, look whos awake! almost thought you fell into a coma or something!" he snickered, shuffling away from his brothers. Mikey and Raph waved while Donnie scoffed. "If they were in a coma then we wouldn't be able to wake them up Nardo." He shook his head while Leonardo shrugged. "We probably weren't that loud right?" The room was consumed by silence.

"Well, that's pleasant to know! Uhm I wanted to say thank you for letting me sleep in a bed. It's been a while since I've been able to sleep well." They grinned. Mikey smiled "Thank Raph! he's the one that let you sleep in his bed!" Raph wore a modest grin "It wasn't any trouble, really. I just hope you got some sleep, you looked tired.  Plus we couldn't just let you sleep on the floor, ya'know? seems mean." He shrugged.

Something about the generous task and the kindness served to them by these brothers just thus far struck something in them.

They tried their hardest not to start bawling but their efforts to keep it down served useless. The feeling built up in their chest like a over aired up balloon. Just about to pop.

As they struggled to gain composure. A look of concern crossed the brothers faces one by one 

"Are you okay?"

 "is something wrong?" 

"did we say something bad?"

"do you want help?"

As the boys flooded them with questions, they shook their head vigorously rubbing the salty water stinging their eyes away. "No! no thanks! I'm A-okay! Just felt a little overwhelmed! Sorry, I'm not usually so emotional. At least I don't try to be!"

They tried to smile at them, they were happy to feel safe around someone for the first time in so long, but it was a lot to take in all at once. Leo nodded and gestured to the other brothers not to question them further, to avoid stressing them.

"So our dad knows you're here, and he doesn't really seem to care that you're here, but he also said that we should probably help you get you back to your family! They're probably wondering where you are right?" Raphael Shuffled to the edge of the ramp to take a seat while the others seemed to mirror him taking a seat next to him.

The raccoon sat crisscross applesauce on the floor in front of them. "I think that might be a little problem. I'm from the hidden city and my mom went missing, and someone was trying to attack my little brother and I, so we've just been kinda trying to live up top to avoid those guys. It was fine for a while, til they eventually figured out where we went. Then it wasn't fine.
I don't exactly have anywhere to be but please don't feel pressured to keep me here if you don't feel okay with it."

They scratched their cheek staring at the floor. The red turtle piped up. "Your brother!? Where is he? Is he okay? We can find him and bring him here if we need to!" He urged, standing up from his spot. "No, he's uh not in danger anymore." Rainy muttered. Raphael stopped. "Oh he's safe now?" Donnie quirked a brow. "No. I mean, he's not really uh alive, he doesn't need me to protect him anymore." The silence filled the room after that statement. No one seemed to dare to say anything for a moment. The looks of horror individually crossing the faces of each of the turtles. I was hard to make an expression that wouldn't charge the conversation with more stress. 

"I'm so sorry Rainy" Leonardo tried to console. "I think, it's going to be okay." Their eyes darted to the direction opposite of the turtles. They hated this. They hated talking about this. They didn't want to remember. This isn't something they could keep them in the dark about though. Mikey hopped off of the ramp taking a few steps towards the ring tailed creature. "Do you need a hug?"

"Yes, please"
★ ☆ ★ ☆ ★ ☆ ★ ☆ ★ ☆ ★ ☆ ★