𝟎𝟒.𝐍𝐎𝐓 𝐀 𝐆𝐈𝐑𝐋

[One year elapse]

"LEO MOVE"

The raccoon screamed as they flew down the ramp like a aimless tumble weed. Rainy swerved the skateboard in a opposing direction, ending in their downfall, literally as they flew off the ramp. Luckily their face broke their fall. They sat up rubbing their forehead.

"Oo boy I know that hurt. Half expected you to spit out a couple teeth." Leo peaked over the edge. Rainy staring back up at him from the ground with a look that could kill a grow man or at least try to. "eres un asno" Leo would have quirked a brow, if he had any brows to quirk. "Why do you know Spanish? It's so weird. Who is teaching you Spanish??" He stuck a hand out for the disgruntled raccoon to take.

"Well, for one the internet exists Leon, plus you never know when you might need to insult someone in another language!" They shrugged. Leonardo set the back of his arm to his forehead and dramatically fell backwards. "Oh no! You've insulted me in Spanish! I don't know how I'll live on!" he lied down on the edge of the ramp before opening his eye to get a glimpse at the reaction gifted to him by Rainy them self.

But all he received was a unamused glare.

"Right, I'm sorry for making you crash. If it makes you feel better, you're the toughest girl I know, I mean yeah that landing was super brutal but you got back up! If I'm being honest I would've sat there for a while." Leo joked, but Rainy didn't laugh. Instead they held an expression of discontent.

"Leo, I hate being a girl."

"Excuse me?" He titled his head, not completely aware of where this was going to go.

"I hate being a girl so much. I want to be a boy. I don't know why I let it control my life so much. I try not to let it bother me but it really hurts to be a girl somedays. I can't stand myself." They spilled everything at once sitting back down. Rainy faced their back to the ramp, sliding down the side of it. They hugged their knees close to their chest, keeping a hard glare on the ground.

Leo jumped off of his spot on the ramp, a look of concern becoming prominent on his face. "Woah woah! hey, it's okay. Uh that came out of no where but, what if we just all made like you were a boy the whole time?  I'll tell dad and the brothers, and you'll just be a boy like us! Right?" Leonardo patted their back.

He sat in silence for a moment. His face seeming expressionless for a moment. "You'd do that for me?" He questioned. "Of course! If it's important to you then we won't stop at anything to make it happen!" Leonardo rested his hand on the ring tailed boy's shoulder.

"I'm a boy Leo" He gestured to him self, looking to Leo for confirmation. Leo shrugged.

"I know."

"I'm a boy! Oh my god I can say that out loud. I'm a boy." He shot up from his spot on the floor wearing the expression of someone who's seen a thousand stars. He felt as if a weight was lifted from his shoulders.

Leo chuckled and stood up along side him. "Do you want to tell splinter-"

"Rainys a boy now?" The new voice that entered the room belonged to that of Michelangelo. "Yeah! I think." Leonardo shrugged. "Oh okay! Does dad know? Does everyone know? Am I the last person to know? Where did this even come from?" Mikey bombarded them with questions.

"No, splinter does not know, uh no just you and Nardo and I dunno, I've just always hated being a girl and I hopped that finally saying something about could make a difference." Rainy shifted his gaze from the two turtles to the entrance of the living room. The pressure began to build back up again. "Do you guys think he's going to care?" They all looked in the same direction as Rainy.

"Well, we won't know til we ask!" Mikey kept up a lighthearted tone. "Yeah and besides, what's he gonna do? Yell at you? He doesn't have the energy for that, right?" Leonardo tried to egg him on. Rainy let out a deep breath, before taking a step forward. "Totally, plus Splinter wouldn't be mad right? He's just not the type to be mad." He said that, yet for some odd reason he was still scared beyond belief to walk into that room and tell him. "What would I even say?" Rainy stalled.

"How 'bout you try 'I'm a boy' on for size?" Leo made air quotes with his fingers. "I could but it's not that easy Leo!" Rainy stressed.

"What are you guys doing?" Raph asked as him and Donnie entered the room. "Uh I think the important question is what are you two doing?" Rainy countered. "Oh I was fixing the wheels on Raph's skateboard, they're failing, proving them inadequate." Donnie shrugged. "Rainys stalling! Tell him to go!" Mikey pointed at the living room. "Stalling?-" "Him?" Donnie and Raph spoke over eachother.

"Yes, now c'mon Rainstorm it's now or never!" Leo emphasized as he shoved the raccoon closer to the living room entrance. "Hang on a second I haven't even cried yet, lemme get my baggage out first-" "Nope! Shove!" Rainy met the floor of the living room soon after those words. "What's it with me and face planting today?" He mumbled sitting up.

He took a few steps towards the chair centering the room, the tv sitting in front of it blaring infomercials. "Splinter?" They wondered if he was even awake. They walked next to the chair he was sat in. "Yes, Rain?" Splinter took a moment to look in Rainys direction. "I want to say something that I think is really important, but I'm afraid. I can't figure out why but I'm not afraid of telling the turtles, but I'm scared to tell you." Rainy finished.

Splinter shifted in his spot. "Well, I promise not to be mad at you, even if it's something I may find very disappointing, I would not bring myself to be upset with you." Splinter gave a brief genuine smile.

"I want to be a boy splinter." Rainy mumbled.

"Is that all? I would never be upset at you for discovering part of who you are. This may have been a tough battle in your mind, but we are a family. We will look out for you and your misfortunes. Rainy, My son, I trust that you'll grow into an amazing young man." Splinter had spoken in such a carful tone. One that made Rainy want to cry, so he did.

The salt water stung his eyes and wet his fur. Making it hard for him to see, but that didn't matter at that point. He had a family that loved him for the person he was becoming. That's all he could have ever wanted. He felt so lucky yet so, sad. He felt like he was leaving something behind on accident. Henry never got to meet this version of Rainy. He never got to see him at his best.

At least his current family loves him.

★ ☆ ★ ☆ ★ ☆ ★ ☆ ★ ☆ ★ ☆ ★