Bomby x Naily

Requested by: @Namkananika 

Synopsis: Bomby is in a bad mood, and Naily decides to cheer him up

A/N: If I wrote them out of character, then I'm sorry. It's been a while since I've watched BFB or TPOT. XP

~*x*X*x*X*x~

Naily was a happy-go lucky girl with a smile (which made it look like a cat mouth) bright as a sun, despite the dangerous blades on her gloves. The golden belts on her outfit was indistinguishable, and neither were the spiky bands that kept her hair in twin tails. Seeing her without a smile was a rare sight.

Bomby, on the other hand, used to be a serious and grumpy kid with a rather quick temper. That changed after he signed up for martial arts to ease his emotions and learn self-defense, and he grew up to be a calm yet jumpy man, developing an instinct to attack anyone that disturbed him.

At the moment, the black haired boy was on the edge of a cliff by himself, sitting in a meditative state in order to calm down after losing his cool and ending up in a rather disastrous fight against Black Hole, which happened after he attacked the psychic on instinct while scavenging. He won, surprisingly, but it left him with guilt since Black Hole fainted after the fight, and his teammates had to bring him to Two in order to help him recover. He took a deep breath as all went well...until someone interrupted.

"Hiya, Bomby!"

On instinct (again), he stood up and jabbed whoever it was. He didn't hear any sound of pain, so he figured that they dodged his attack.

"Woah! That's not a nice way to greet your teammate!"

He opened his eyes and saw Naily in front of him, glaring with a pout and with her blades out. He couldn't help but chuckle, thinking that she looked funny like that.

"Sorry, Naily. It was just an instinct of mine." He apologized and sat back down on the edge.

She let out a curious hum, retracted her blades and sat down beside him. There was a long silence between them, and while Bomby was content with that, Naily felt awkward. She was rather chipper, and didn't like to stay quiet.

"So...I heard you ended up in a fight with Black Hole." She started.

Bomby immediately stiffened at the mention of that. "Uh, yeah? What about it?"

"Did you win?"

If Bomby wasn't so shocked before, now he is. Never has he thought that someone like her would be curious about who won a fight, let alone what happened. "Why would you want to know that?" He asked.

Naily rolled her eyes. "Come on, can't a girl be curious?" She argued. "We're best friends, right? You can tell me anything."

Bomby wouldn't say it out loud, but he hated it when she pulled the "best friends" card on him, even if it was true that the two have been like that for years.

He sighed and buried his face in between his knees. "Yes...but it wasn't pretty..." He grumbled.

"What's that? I can't hear you~" Naily leaned closer to him, pretending that she didn't hear him.

"I won the fight, but it all ended with Black Hole fainting. Is that what you wanted to hear?" He said.

Naily just giggled, confusing the male.

"What? What's so funny?"

"Oh, nothing..." Naily paused, blushing a bit. "Just...I'm proud of you."

Bomby snorted at the comment. "You're kidding, right?" He asked.

Naily giggled again. "Nope! That alone just shows that you're a very reliable teammate!" She smiled.

"Uh...t-thanks..." Bomby stuttered, certain that he was blushing a deep shade of red.

"Now come on! We gotta go back to our team!" She took his hand and lead him down a cliff.

As they ran together, Bomby suddenly stopped her. "Wait! Shouldn't we go see how Black Hole's doing as well?" He asked with concern.

Naily let out a hum and puffed her lips together, which is what she always did whenever she was thinking, or pretending to. "Hmm...fine. But only because you're so worried." She said.

He sighed in relief and they both started running again, hand-in-hand.