Firey x Leafy

Requested by: @Amour4life1

Synopsis: Firey annoyes Leafy to the point she admits something she never thought she'd ever even talk about

A/N: Tatakai City is a city I made up for various OSC characters to live in (The name comes from the Japanese word for Fight (戦い - Tatakai))

~*x*X*x*X*x*~

It was a hot summer day in Tatakai City. Citizens were wearing clothes fitting for this season, and a lot of kids were eating frozen treats. One of them just so happened to be Leafy. At school, she was considered as an over-achiever according to her classmates, but she didn't really mind. She aimed to uphold a good reputation among the other students. And also to stir away from the troublemaker known as Firey, even if he'd always find a way to annoy her, no matter how hard she tried.

"Leafyyyy!"

And speaking of Firey, there he was, running towards the greenette with a stupid smile that really annoyed her. She bit on the lemon flavored popsicle she was eating and glared at the redhead.

"Go away." She hissed.

"Woah there. I just wanted to say hi." Firey raised his hands in defense.

"More like annoy the hell out of me." Leafy scoffed.

"Geez..." Firey groaned and sat down beside her without a warning. She noticed that and quickly scooted away from him. "Am I really that bad?" He asked.

Leafy nibbled on her popsicle. "Uhh, yes. You're a troublemaker, and you know that." She said.

Firey pretended to be offended, knowing full well that she'd fall for it. When she saw his expression, she smiled in a smug way and went back to eating the popsicle that was slowly starting to melt from the heat.

He slowly stood up and approached the unsuspecting greenette from behind. He saw what she was doing and decided to give her a little scare just for the fun of it.

"Boo!" He slammed his hands against her back and ran for his life as she choked on the frozen treat.

Infuriated, she started running after him. "Get back here, Firey!" She yelled.

The two kids were running down the streets for a good 5 minutes. Firey was laughing his bum off as he took a sharp turn to the park, and Leafy was not too far behind him. Eventually, she caught up to the troublemaker and wrapped her arms around his torso, successfully stopping him in the spot.

"Ack! Hey, let go!" The redhead screamed.

Leafy shook her head and tightened her wrap, which is when he started to blush. He thought for a good moment and had a sly smirk on his face.

"Oh, I get it. You like me, don't you?"

Immediately, Leafy blushed and pushed Firey away from her. "D-do not!" She stuttered.

Firey just snickered. "Then why were you hugging me to the point of suffocation?" He asked teasingly.

"Well, because I...I...uhh..." Leafy was flustered and lost at words. Come to think of it, why did she hug him in the first place? She eventually thought of a good answer, but even then she was hesitant to say it for a bit. "B-because I...don't hate you?" She eventually muttered out.

She blushed harder, this time from embarrassment, when she heard the redhead start laughing. What he said next angered her.

"An over-achiever likes a troublemaker!"

"D-d-don't get the wrong idea!" The greenette yelled. "And don't you dare tell anyone about this!"

"Hahah! Why would I want to tell anyone?" Firey panted after laughing. "That'll be a secret. Between just us. You can count on that." He reassured.

Leafy didn't say anything and just nodded slowly. He smiled. "Alright. I'll get going now, so don't think about me too much!" He chuckled and left.

She rolled her eyes with a smirk. "Oh, trust me. There's no way I'll think about you even the slightest." She said to herself and started walking back home. Perhaps he's not as bad as she thought he was.