Chapter Eleven // Keep it Together

After two full days of decorating it was finally time for the Christmas party. Everyone was going to be there.

Katsuma did not like being around a bunch of people. It was exhausting. Wearing a fake smile and putting on a super bubbly persona at work was already enough. The only reason she's going is because all the girls practically begged until she couldn't take it anymore.

Rukia, Orihime, and Rangiku came over to Katsumas to get ready together. Rangiku had a makeup bag with her that probably weighed 20 pounds. Don't forget the hair products. Rangiku could make anyone look good.

Katsuma was sitting in front of the mirror while Orihime was finishing up curling her hair.

"I feel like this is too much."

"Oh please! You look hot! The guys will fall at our feet." Rangiku said confidently while combing her curls out.

"I agree!" Orihime giggled.

Katsuma playfully rolled her eyes and continued looking in the mirror. She almost didn't recognize herself.

"Let's all take a shot!" Rangiku shouted while raising a bottle of alcohol in the air.

Katsuma got flashbacks from the time Grimmjow took care of her while she was drunk.

"I think I'll skip the alcohol tonight!" She let out an awkward laugh attempting to play it cool.

"Boo!" Rangiku teased while pointing her thumb down.

A phone beeped in the background. "Katsuma its your phone! I think a text!" Rukia called. Katsuma grabbed it to check.

Grimmjow- "I'm sneaking the Xbox in lol"

Katsuma bit her lip attempting to contain her laughter while thinking of a response.

Katsuma- "you must love getting your ass beat"

Grimmjow- "just you wait"

Katsuma tucked her phone away while smiling softly but, it didn't go unnoticed.

"I bet I know who that is." Rangiku teased.

Katsumas eyes grew wide as she waved her hands around. "What? No! It's just Grimmjow! He's... ya know.. funny." She trailed off.

Funny? Sure. Katsuma really, really, liked Grimmjow but, she would never admit that. He could have any woman he wants since that practically fall to his feet. So why would he pick her? They're just friends. That's all they'll ever be.

Over at the Christmas party a lot of people were already there. Drinking, dancing, laughing, multiple conversations going on at once, and a few were playing games. Renji and Ichigo were in a heated battle of beer pong.

"Hell yeah! Drink up!" Renji shouted.

Grimmjow stood by the table enjoying the free entertainment. He would glance up every now and then looking for her. The only reason he even showed up to this party. The girl that he would do absolutely anything to be close to.

The girls were dropped off by a taxi. Katsumas took a deep breath before walking in. This was not her scene.

"I should've taken that shot." She groaned. Anxiety filling her whole body.

She made her way to the snack bar. Maybe food or a drink would take her mind off all the people.

"You look fantastic."

Katsuma stiffened up before turning to face the voice she recognized.

"Thank you, Shuhei." She gave a small, fake smile.

A New LifeOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara