Chapter Fourteen // Phone Call

Katsuma woke up feeling a little sore from sleeping on the couch. Rubbing her eyes, studying the room, she realized Grimmjow was gone. Her shoulders deflated with disappointment.

Wait... why was she upset?

She shook her head, pulling herself out of her thoughts. She glanced over at the kitchen when something caught her eye.

Sitting neatly was a bag that smelt like a breakfast sandwich and next to it a note with messy handwriting.

"Figured you'd be hungry after sleeping so much."

Katsuma smiled softly as she felt her heart squeeze a little. This side of Grimmjow... was so caring and it made her heart flutter knowing she was the only person that got to see it.

After some time of eating and getting ready for the day Katsuma her a phone ringing. Not her cellphone. The beeping was coming from a drawer beside the couch.

"What the hell? That's my soul reaper phone."

Hesitating to pick the phone up she swallowed every last bit of saliva that was in her mouth.

"Yeah, hello?"

"Wow I didn't think you'd pick up after all this time."

KENSEI??!

"C-Captain!"

Kenseis laughter rumbled through the phone.

"Are you going to come back?"

Katsuma paused. Pacing through her living room, her mind was blank.

"Captain.. I.. uh.. I don't think-"

"Come visit. You're indecisive. We can talk in person. Go to Uraharas and he'll have the Senkaimon ready."

Katsuma blinked a few times before speaking.

"Ah.. okay. Sure."

"Great. See you then."

Katsuma rubbed her temples, wondering if she would go through with this.

~~~~~

"You got it! Glad to help. Later!" Kiskue ended a phone call that caught Grimmjows attention.

"What was that about?"

"Oh ya know! Business!"

Grimmjow cocked a brow.

"I'll be in the basement if ya need me."

Grimmjow returned his gaze back to the tv.

~~~~~

Katsuma glanced at the clock. Just a few more hours and her shift would be over. It was a slow day. The door chimed and she turned to greet the customer.

"Hi wel-" She blinked with her mouth ajar.

A cocky smirk formed on Grimmjows face.

"Damn I left you speechless, huh?"

"What are you doing here?"

Grimmjow chuckled at the oh so familiar attitude. It was cute.

"Figured I'd come hang out. Maybe eat. Maybe pick up some chicks." He was clearly joking.

Katsuma dismissively rolled her eyes.

"Whatever, pick a table, I'll get you a coffee."

Grimmjow sat at a small table next to the bar where the tv was. Katsuma sat a warm cup down on a coaster and crossed her arms. Grimmjow smirked.