Chapter Sixteen // New Enemy

AN : I just want to give a heads-up that I will be making up characters at this point in the story along with the powers they have. ASLO...TW
‼️ anxiety, panic attacks, and mentions of abuse‼️

It's been just a little over a week since Katsuma arrived into the soul society. She was currently sitting at her desk filling out paper work for Shuhei. Katsuma never realized how much work a Lieutenant actually did. Shuhei did so much extra shit though but, that's just the kind of guy he is. He's a huge people pleaser.

Katsuma held a pencil to her bottom lip beginning to space out. Her eyes were heavy from lack of sleep and her hair was in the same messy bun it had been in for a day.

No, she didn't take her job back but, she ended up helping where it was needed. Katsumas phone suddenly vibrated her out of her tired thoughts.

She stuck a hand into her pocket pulling out the phone and flipping it open.

Ichigo: "we need to talk."

Katsuma closed the phone back pushing away any distractions. She was trying to focus on the tast at hand. Not even 5 minutes later her phone buzzed again and again.

Ichigo: "urgent"
Ichigo: "911"

"God damnit." Katsuma tiredly breathed out. She clicked on Ichigos name and hit the call button.

Ichigo: "damn you're hard to get a hold of these days."
Katsuma: "busy bee. Look I don't know what's going on but-"
Ichigo: "he's back. Rabashi...is back"

Katsumas fingers went completely numb. She dropped the phone. Her eyes and mouth open wide in horror at that name.

"Fuck... oh fuck.. no." Katsumas breathing picked up and she began shaking. Her vision was tunneling. She stood up and began running outside to get air even though she felt she couldn't get enough into her lungs.

Her body came to an abrupt stop, crashing into a large form.

"Woah there. Everything okay?"

Katsuma remained on the ground, shaking intensely, staring at the ground.

Kensei squatted down, now eye level with his ex squad member.

"Katsuma."

He placed his hands onto her shoulders attempting to shake her out of her panicked state.

"Hey! Katsuma!"

"C-captain! Kensei!"

Katsuma finally snapped to reality.

"S-sorry sir... I.. I'm not sure what came over me."

Kensei gave a brief, reassuring smile before standing up and holding out his hand.

"No need to be sorry. Come walk with me. Tell me about it."

Katsuma gently grabbed his hand, pulling herself back to her feet.

"Thank you sir but, unfortunately I need to go... home."

"Well you're not stuck here." Kensei quickly retorted.

Katsuma flashed him a small smile followed by a wave. She headed towards the Senkaimon.

Meanwhile at Kiskues, Ichigo was sitting at the coffee table. He was silent as was Kiskue. Grimmjow was standing in the kitchen leaning against the counter.

"This is just no good."

Ichigo snorted at Kiskues remark.

"No kidding."

"What the hell is even going on?"

Grimmjow was out of the loop and he hated it. For whatever reason these two have been on edge for a while now. Patiently waiting for a response Ichigo broke the silence.