Imagine- Decorating For Christmas

I watch as Eddie carefully balances on the metal trash can, his sleeves are rolled up despite the December chill as he leans up and strings the colorful lights at the front of the trailer outside. All I can do is stand and gawk as his hands grip the lights, carefully twisting each bulb so it's perfect.

Eddie smirks at me once he's done, a small blush rises to my cheeks as I hold out a hand to help him down. Eddie carefully takes it and climbs down, but he quickly brings my hand to his mouth and places a kiss to the back of it before leading me back inside.

The fresh smell of the tree fills the trailer as I step inside, glad for the heat as a chill runs through me. "Need some warming up sweetheart?" Eddie grins. I teasingly flip him off and begin rummaging through the boxes of decorations, they're scarce but extremely disorganised.

We both work in unison to put the baubles on the tree, a massive variety of characters and shapes make the tree look like a chaotic yet pleasant view. Occasionally Eddie teases me by saying things like "This angel looks like you" or "Want to play with my baubles?"

Eventually I step back after an hour and admire the tree. Eddie wraps his arms behind me and places his chin on my head, mumbling "You're forgetting something sweetie." In confusion I tilt my head, he waits a few moments before grabbing the star that goes at the top.

I take it from him with a thankful smile and lift on my toes to put it on the top...except I can't reach. I try and try until Eddie chuckles and puts his hands on my waist.

"Need some assistance?" He asks, so I nod as he lifts me up without struggle. I place the star on the top and he places me back on the ground without moving his hands from my waist. I turn around and quirk an eyebrow up.

Eddie smirks and grabs something from the back of his jeans pocket. Mistletoe. He holds it up between us and leans down, cheekily pointing to his lips. "You know how it works sweetie." He murmurs with a slowly growing grin.

I roll my eyes and laugh before wrapping my arms around his neck and tip toeing up to kiss him.

His arms pull me closer as he flings the mistletoe over his shoulder and deepens the kiss.

A few minutes later his uncle Wayne comes back home, smiling at all the lights and the tree. He walks over to me and Eddie, standing in the middle of us as he puts his arms around both our shoulders.

"Gotta say, I'm supposed you both actually managed to do a good job." He grins, squeezing me closer. I smile and nod, "Yeah, Eddie was a great cheerleader."

Eddie frowns as me and Wayne laugh.

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas.