4

Herbology was days away still, but it wouldn't be fair to Chang if he gave her the notes the same day she had the class. Neville contemplated what to do for 30 minutes straight that day. He sat in the library staring at the notes in front of him, hoping Chang would just happen to walk by so he could give them to her.

Then it hit him, why wouldn't Harry give them back to her? Wouldn't he want an excuse to talk to her?
That's what people do, they find small reasons to talk to the person they fancy. Right?

¸.•'*¨'*•✿ 𓍊𓋼𓍊𓋼𓍊 ✿•*'¨*'•.¸

Magnolia tended to her plants in the greenhouse. She was careful and gave special appropriate care to each and every one.

She giggled as the Leaping Toadstool jumped into the Flutterbush pot, causing the bush to shake in surprise.

"Silly Toadstool, that's not your home." Magnolia noted as she gently scooped up the Toadstool and placed it back in it terrarium.

"Those are some healthy Leaping Toadstools." Someone exclaimed behind her.

Magnolia turned towards the voice in surprise to find Neville Longbottom standing in the doorway. She twisted back towards her plants quickly.

"I mean, the Toadstools I collect in the forest never leap that far, so you must be doing something right." Neville noted, worried he had offended her in someway. She kept her back towards him while he stood wondering what should be said or done next.

"Composting." She said so quiet Neville almost didn't hear her. He stepped forward slowly as if she were a feral cat that scared easy.

"What was that? Composting?" He asked.

"Yeah, the dead plants they pull nutrients from. The compost has to be made up of the best quality plants." She explained, still not meeting his eyes.

"Leaping Toadstools in poor health are-

"Yellow in color" they both said in unison.

Magnolia finally faced the boy, a small smirk pulling at her lips as she nodded in agreement. Neville just stared at her, this was the first time since seeing her on the train that she had actually looked at him. He noted her chocolate eyes and how they smiled more than her lips did in that moment. Her curls hung messily on her forehead, visibly thrown up lazily so she could work with her plants.

Neville coughed nervously when he noticed he had been quietly looking at the girl for an awkward amount of time.

"Oh Uhm, this is Chang's." He said as he handed her the Divination notes.

She took them from him but looked up at him slightly confused.
"Why didn't Potter just return them himself? I'd just seen them together yesterday." She noted.

"Really?" Neville was more confused than ever.

"No matter, I'll find her later. Thank you." Magnolia knew Cho must be up to her match making antics.

"I'm Neville by the way, Neville Longbottom." He noted abruptly. He internally cringed at himself. Why had he just said that?

Magnolia covered her mouth with her hand as she giggled slightly.
"I know Longbottom, we happen to go to the same school." She explained jokingly.

Neville anxiously scratched at his messy brown waves.
"Yeah I know, I dunno why I said that." He chuckled awkwardly.

Magnolia held out her hand to him, Neville paused a moment but ultimately took it in his. They shook hands while smiling close mouthed grins at one another.

"Magnolia Albero."

"Neville Longbottom."

As Neville pulled his hand away he noticed it was covered in potting soil from Magnolia's plants. She blushed and waved her hands in defense.
"I'm so sorry, I should have washed it before offering to shake I'm so-"

"It's alright Albero, I don't mind getting my hands dirty." Neville noted as he turned and walked out the door without another word.

Magnolia was left feeling the warmth of embarrassment, yet a slight form of joy bubbling in her belly.

As Neville walked the halls towards the washroom he looked down at his muddied hand, a content smile settling on his face.